Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by pearsy »

The lad from Catalan will take the kicking duties next season
pedro

Post by pedro »

pearsy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:21 pm The lad from Catalan will take the kicking duties next season
needs to, makes smith dropable
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:53 am Firestarter has mentioned our problems in wet weather for weeks now, and it seems that he's spot on.

Whether it's the weather or whether it's not ( :D ), we rely so much on Field and French at 1 and 6 producing on attack - surely we've signed Keighran to play 6 and be goalkicker. If it works, great, but what to we do with Field?
Wigan will need another centre if that's the case with King going back to the Warrington freak show
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:32 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:53 am Firestarter has mentioned our problems in wet weather for weeks now, and it seems that he's spot on.

Whether it's the weather or whether it's not ( :D ), we rely so much on Field and French at 1 and 6 producing on attack - surely we've signed Keighran to play 6 and be goalkicker. If it works, great, but what to we do with Field?
Wigan will need another centre if that's the case with King going back to the Warrington freak show
I think we need a bit of a rejig somehow. I don't see how we can drop Miski. He does so much work getting us hard yards and is a very very good finisher even if he doesn't have that top end speed. I can't get my head round French staying at stand off next season. But I also can't see where else we can put him? Loose forward maybe? ;)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:48 am

I think we need a bit of a rejig somehow. I don't see how we can drop Miski. He does so much work getting us hard yards and is a very very good finisher even if he doesn't have that top end speed. I can't get my head round French staying at stand off next season. But I also can't see where else we can put him? Loose forward maybe? ;)
Imagine the damage he could do from there
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Unless I've been missing something in all the years I've watched rugby league and, admittedly I've not played to a high level, but there's no way on Earth that Bevan will play loose forward. How is he going to make 30-40 tackles (mainly on forwards) and have energy to do any attacking?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:07 am
Well having Bevan at wing I believe to be best with Misky and Marshy rotating?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

A poor game but at least we won. What do they do when they have a week off? The team look like a bunch of strangers after a break.

As to criticising Peet, I think he deserves some. His job doesn’t end once he picked the team and sent them onto the pitch at the start of the game. Far too often the team has been playing poorly and continues to do so all game with whatever he says at half time having zero effect. The attack ,has stuttered all season and if French or Field don’t pull something off there don’t seem to be any other ideas and this hasn’t been improved upon either.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Peet seemed to allude that not much was done during the downtime for both teams last week, this does raise questions.

Maybe a minibreak will payoff once the playoffs start?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:07 am

Well having Bevan at wing I believe to be best with Misky and Marshy rotating?
The only problem with French on the wing is he doesn't like it there, isn't that one of the reasons he left the NRL?