Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 am Think the jetlag always affects us at wakey as well
๐Ÿ˜‚
josie andrews

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:04 am
Firestarter wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 am Think the jetlag always affects us at wakey as well
๐Ÿ˜‚
Plus 1 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Don't underestimate how much impact travelling has on the body, especially when flying. There's a lot more to it than many people think and is something I always factor in, when my coached athletes are travelling to a foreign country in order to race.

The recovery will relate to how their bodies recover from the flight, the duration of travel from Wigan to their base in France and that the effects are kept to a minimum. It's nothing to do with time zones, jet lag, etc. etc.

the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Sutty wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:27 am Don't underestimate how much impact travelling has on the body, especially when flying. There's a lot more to it than many people think and is something I always factor in, when my coached athletes are travelling to a foreign country in order to race.

The recovery will relate to how their bodies recover from the flight, the duration of travel from Wigan to their base in France and that the effects are kept to a minimum. It's nothing to do with time zones, jet lag, etc. etc.
Good job i've only been as far as Southport then :) :), no need to worry about me getting jet lag :) :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well Yorkshire is a foreign land as I can attest to having visited many times due to having married one of the natives.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

the pieman wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:04 pm
Sutty wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:27 am Don't underestimate how much impact travelling has on the body, especially when flying. There's a lot more to it than many people think and is something I always factor in, when my coached athletes are travelling to a foreign country in order to race.

Good job i've only been as far as Southport then :) :), no need to worry about me getting jet lag :) :)
:lol: :lol:

Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Soul Kitchen wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:21 am Why do people take comments literally?
I take it they won't be "trained hard" as Lam used to say and that comment use to draw derision.
Perhaps best to leave it to those that know best as they'll live or fall on their decisions under normal circumstances.
I definitely agree, however it was clear against Hull we weren't sharp. Our attack was as poor as I've seen it
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We need to take some advice from Catalans, they do it every other week and they are still top of the league.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Some of our players rested up in another country for 4 days fact
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Charriots Offiah wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:30 pm

We need to take some advice from Catalans, they do it every other week and they are still top of the league.
How long have Catalans been in Super League? And, how long has it taken them to adapt to the travelling?

Historically, they have travelled poorly and have a shocking away record, and there is no coincidence that is because they travel a lot more than when a UK based club goes over to Catalan

I've just quickly tried to look on the internet, but can only find the wikipedia page which shows results by coach. However, it shows they have won 49% of their games since they 1st appeared in SL, but i reckon a good 40% of them will be home matches