he has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: he has to go

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
Millward's still living in a dream world though - he says:
" At 12-0 up we seemed to be going fine"
( http://www.wiganonline.co.uk/ViewArticl ... D=1391724 )

Not the way I saw it - I thought our lead at that stage was against the run of play, and none of the fans I was standing with had any confidence in the way we were playing, despite the lead.
I thought at 12-0 up we were pretty comfortable and should have been further ahead. It wasn't until they got their first try that things went to pot.

I am normally one to defend the players but I find it virtually impossible after the trek to Castleford. Never before have I seen such poor support play, such terrible defending and such terrible mistakes.

In defence we were standing off the attacking player making it simple for them to find a gap. When we did attempt a tackle it was all arm grabbing and shirt tugging instead of one around the legs and one covering the ball.

With ball in hand we were stood still because there were no options available, no support anywhere. We dropped the ball atleast twice in our own 20 and Orr attempted an offload when he should have taken the risk and been tackled (even though I think it was 6th tackle).

Now, I give Millward a lot more credit for his coaching ability than myself and I can see that the above errors are all stupid playing errors, down to the player and not the coach. I actually feel sorry for Millward as looking at his credentials and how we're playing now he must be as disillusioned as us. However, he is the coach and he needs to start the turnaround!

The next worry for me are the injuries are starting to mount, maybe a blessing? Get the Academy lads in?
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

by the start of the season fitness training should be cut down after all by this stage you should be maintaining fittness not creating it .i think our problem is mental stick in a few yougsters for a week or 2 and let those that are suffering have a break
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

If Millward goes now, the only option I can think of is FAZ!!!!!
Ted Mac
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i dont think sacking millward is the answer to the problems. its either the team is rubbish or something is going on behind the scenes what is making these players unhappy.
IN WANE WE TRUST
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

no way. id like see shaun edwards and graeme west take other. but its not good keep replacing managers.
IN WANE WE TRUST
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

id have happily of stuck with mike gregory and supported him when he was ill. sacking millward IMO isn't the answer though still. at matches millward gets very emotional and gets behind the team alot. he cant stay still at times hes always jumping around. this to me shows that he is determined though the players (or certain players) don't seem to be at the moment. maybe some players dont like millward but that is no excuse to sack him. if they cant get along then do something about it, if they cant do that then sling your hook because its making wigan a terrible team week in week out.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
black pearl

Post by black pearl »

we can turn it around but the team need to stick together and start getting the basics right especially tackling low and hard instead of shirt grabbing because we just arent big enough to out muscle opponents like we once could i bet faz is itching to help us out we should get him back if only to get the passion and pride back in the side every team needs a leader on the pitch and now tez newtons gone we dont have anyone who can dictate play