Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:22 pm Some of our players rested up in another country for 4 days fact
Was this out overseas players?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by No straw damn us »

A lot of teams give their players time off over the Wembley week just to freshen up, it's a common occurrence.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Will freshen up for sure for the important end of the season. Recovery is important and not every game will have players " fresh" . When I competed on a bike my coach and I I targeted a few events per year ( Nationals) to be at peak. Sure this Cats game is likely to be an " A event" I have zero issue with 4 days off in a two week period. You simply can't be at your peak every week by definition.

There's a fine balance between fit and fresh, and it will be measured by the S+C team.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:22 pm Some of our players rested up in another country for 4 days fact
Why can't they freshen up with a different and lighter training regime at the club? Or if it is not at the club at some national training or even outdoor facility?

I get the impression these breaks might involve going on a bit of a bender which is not what you'd see the top athletes at the the World Athletic Championships that are on now doing in a mid-season break for example.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

4days in Magaluf in between fixtures is perfect preperation i think not no wonder our performance against Hull was poor once again poor coaching decisions will eventually bite him
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:33 pm 4days in Magaluf in between fixtures is perfect preperation i think not no wonder our performance against Hull was poor once again poor coaching decisions will eventually bite him
If that is where they went then the club is not being run as professionally from that point of view as it was in the past. It used to be a tradition the players went on a bender to Magaluf at the end of the season, not in the middle.