Leeds v Wigan selected for broadcast

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Leeds v Wigan selected for broadcast

Post by josie andrews »

With the race for the Betfred Super League Play-Offs hotting up, Wigan Warriors fixture away to Leeds Rhinos has been selected for broadcast and will now take place on Saturday 9 September (2:45pm K.O.).

The Sky Sports cameras will be at Headingley for the latest instalment of the classic Roses rivalry between Leeds Rhinos and Wigan Warriors – a match that is likely to be crucial for Leeds’ hopes of qualifying for the top six, and for Wigan as they jostle for the best possible position in the top four. Tickets remain on sale with all the information available HERE.

Please note that this is out of the club’s control and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. For those who have already purchased tickets but can now no longer attend due to the change of date, please see below refund information:

If you have already purchased tickets and can no longer attend, we are happy to offer a full refund. To claim a refund, you will be required to return the tickets using the following methods:

In Person – Please return your tickets to the Official Club Store at Robin Park Arena (Mon-Sat 10am-4pm)
By Post – Please return your tickets to Emma Parkinson, Robin Park Arena, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UH.
Please note – Online purchases will be refunded to the original payment method and can take 3-5 working days to process.

ROUND 25 Televised fixtures

Friday 8th September

St Helens v Leigh Leopards. 8pm, Sky Sports

Saturday 9th September

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors. 2.45pm, Sky Sports

Sunday 10th September

Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves. 12.45pm, Channel 4

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... broadcast/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Leeds v Wigan selected for broadcast

Post by fozzieskem »

Tickets bought now tickets to be returned sadly
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This what it will be like next year I feel with all the changes going on. 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:34 pm This what it will be like next year I feel with all the changes going on. 🤨
it wont be if every game is shown as it will be shown already so no need to change
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:48 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:34 pm This what it will be like next year I feel with all the changes going on. 🤨
it wont be if every game is shown as it will be shown already so no need to change
When will they fit into the schedule though? Sky wont know until a few weeks beforehand. If all the matches are shown live, they won't want two on at the same time, so all the games will have to be scheduled for TV, which has the potential to change a lot. I still don't think they will all be shown live on SKY.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

You have more confidence than I do Pedro. I can envisage a lot of armchair rugby league watching next season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:39 pm
You have more confidence than I do Pedro. I can envisage a lot of armchair rugby league watching next season.
You’re bang on mate you really are we bought the tickets a fortnight or so ago quite happy with it being a Friday game only now with gwen having no chance of changing her off duty to suit sky..why after so long are Saturday free on games suddenly. The bees knees?

Oh well as I said in the tv thread we will give having a season ticket a go next year but if it gets to the point where it’s simply not cost effective then we will just wande along to a game every now and again and that’s really annoying
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 pm

You’re bang on mate you really are we bought the tickets a fortnight or so ago quite happy with it being a Friday game only now with gwen having no chance of changing her off duty to suit sky..why after so long are Saturday free on games suddenly. The bees knees?

Oh well as I said in the tv thread we will give having a season ticket a go next year but if it gets to the point where it’s simply not cost effective then we will just wande along to a game every now and again and that’s really annoying
I’m with you Fozzie. The sad thing is that the club will suffer.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:21 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 pm

I’m with you Fozzie. The sad thing is that the club will suffer.
I've said the same thing on twitter to responses of 'well football have managed' as if football and RL are in any way comparable
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Wasting good drinking time in Perpignan trying to change train times to Saturday lol

EW
2002 and EW is hooked