Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:25 pm No mention the BBC main news sports coverage…..why not ?
If you go to BBC Rugby League, teams & then Wigan there is a report there!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Startlingly good performance, particularly after last week.
Best I've seen French in the halves and maybe Byrne should get a busted nose every week if he is going to play like that.
Hard to argue with French as MOM but Miski's performance in defence and attack swung it for me. Thought he was outstanding.
Don'y think either of the penalties for raising legs should warrant a ban but ST might be in some trouble for the knee on O'Neill, who was excellent all night.
No real quibbles other than to say that we are so right-sided that Liam Marshall hardly ever sees the ball in attack and Liam Moore has no idea about the offside law. The moment when we tapped after a penalty to find that the Cats players had already advanced beyond the PTB was hilarious.
Great result and brilliant support from our travelling fans who Matty Peet praised after the match.
Onwards and upwards.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

w.thomas wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:10 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:30 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:46 pm Fantastic game and a great performance from Adam Keighran, can't wait to watch him next season
Keighran was awful defensively I'd much rather have kept King.
Totally agree, not sure what people see in him, not been impressed in the games I’ve seen him in. He certainly won’t return the ball like king does. He can kick a conversion though so there is that. Finally we look like a team that’s not going to get rolled over, all the forwards were quality. Really impressed with that result and hopefully we can kick on from it. Fingers crossed we don’t lose Dupree for next week due to a HIA late in the game.
Agree on King over Keighran but unfortantly keeping King wasn’t an option.

Wigan haven’t chose Keighran over King.

Don’t want to derail this thread through.

Dupree has failed his HIA and O’Neill has a rib injury.

Opportunity for Cust and Hill next week then.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Impressed with Mago and Byrne. After all the talk of Mago’s departure I for one hope he stays.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

What on earth has happened to our props? (in a good way).

Mago produces arguably the best run of the season, Byrne steps up and shows some real (controlled) aggression. Ellis looks very solid indeed and Dupree looks like he can kick on to be the real deal.

Has someone put something in their tea?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mago can stay for me he's in great form it's fun to watch teams swarm round him to try and get him down be interesting to see what happens with him
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:12 am Mago can stay for me he's in great form it's fun to watch teams swarm round him to try and get him down be interesting to see what happens with him
He’s definitely got the ability but where was it prior to the last few weeks?What scares me is if we keep him does he revert back to old Mago.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wonder what the idea of swapping french and fields positions was in the last20 mins?Maybe it was to get field more involved or just let bevan have a breather? Not sure tbh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:42 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:12 am Mago can stay for me he's in great form it's fun to watch teams swarm round him to try and get him down be interesting to see what happens with him
He’s definitely got the ability but where was it prior to the last few weeks?What scares me is if we keep him does he revert back to old Mago.
Put him on a one season rolling contract, keep him on his toes
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:40 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:42 am
Put him on a one season rolling contract, keep him on his toes
Agreed 👍