Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:40 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:42 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:12 am Mago can stay for me he's in great form it's fun to watch teams swarm round him to try and get him down be interesting to see what happens with him
He’s definitely got the ability but where was it prior to the last few weeks?What scares me is if we keep him does he revert back to old Mago.
Put him on a one season rolling contract, keep him on his toes
The Club does have a one year option on him.
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Brilliant performance by Wigan, beat Cats at their own game which is to turn ten yards into five and stifle the life out of you.
Everyone deserves maximum praise, first half KPP monstered every one of their players, and O'Neill & Smithies tackled them to death.
French reaped the rewards of a battered Cats pack and looked sharp.
Too many top performances to single everyone out, but delighted for Byrne he really turned up, and what about that run from Mago, WOW! He is the prop everyone has been saying we should sign, we already have him, the player he has been for the last six weeks is the player we have been craving. I agree with others there is always the risk that he has upped his game to get a contract so a one year rolling contract is the perfect solution.
Congratulations to every Wigan player you did us all proud, can't wait for Friday I think the stadium will be rocking.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

We got what we've needed for a long time - Sam Powell back in the side.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:39 pm We got what we've needed for a long time - Sam Powell back in the side.
I know your fishing but he’s not been missed at all.
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:39 pm We got what we've needed for a long time - Sam Powell back in the side.
Mmmmm!!! ;)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

D minus for that one
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:34 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:50 pm Was watching in the pub; I was the only one watching it (no commentary). With Wigan nilling them and 15 mins left, I thought I'd go home and listen to the radio commentary at the end. But there's nothing, as far as I can see, :evil:

How good has Miski been?
I watched the first half in the pub. Got home intending to watch the second half and found that Sky had switched channels and tennis had been recorded! Not a happy bunny.
SWorking so missed the live Sky feed, on getting home I had the same issue....not happy and had to avoid the score and wait till now to see the full game on Wigan TV.

A good few forwards had their best games for us, Ellis and KPP smashed them for the first 30 and then we got good inputs from DuPree and Mago. ALso Byrne stuck to it and ran his weight. Behind that the backs all chipped in and Miski or Smith MotM for me, French was a bit quiet but still contributed.

The whole balance of the pack seems good.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:02 pm
Richymac wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:25 pm The state of this pitch is disgraceful! Talk about making the game attractive and getting new fans in… 1st vs 2nd and they’re playing on a leopard print pitch?!
:lol:

According to Sky it was an infected lawnmower - Police are investigating a report that "Beau DerekMont" was seen mowing earlier in the week
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:06 pm
D minus for that one
:D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:00 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:06 pm
D minus for that one
:D
You would of course be on your highest high horse if anyone had suggested we were stronger because he wasn’t playing, and be giving us page after page after page of holier than thou disparaging “not real fans” comments.