Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by Mike »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:08 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:00 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:06 pm

D minus for that one
:D
You would of course be on your highest high horse if anyone had suggested we were stronger because he wasn’t playing, and be giving us page after page after page of holier than thou disparaging “not real fans” comments.
We were no better with Powell out, and now he's back and fully fit we have one of our best performances of the season. Witch hunt anyone?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:06 pm

D minus for that one
You would of course be on your highest high horse if anyone had suggested we were stronger because he wasn’t playing, and be giving us page after page after page of holier than thou disparaging “not real fans” comments.
My post had 2 motivations:

1. A bit of fun - as Meds clearly responded to.

2. The anti-Powell posters constantly (and I mean constantly) exercised their right to post their negative views of Sam. I thought I would bring just a tiny bit of balance to bear.

Tbh, I never rated him as a top 9 in SL terms. But he does a job, and he is also part of our on-field leadership/organisation.
As we could lose Isa for 2024, and Cooper is still a bit doubtful, I think Sam is worth keeping for his leadership and experience in an otherwise young team.

O'Neill has been playing well and we have Leeming to come, so we'll see how Matty Peet sees it can me next year.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

My main goal as wigans new owner would be buying KPP out of his newcastle contract and making him marquee..

Criminal we're losing him
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gaznier wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:03 pm My main goal as wigans new owner would be buying KPP out of his newcastle contract and making him marquee..

Why?

The lad wanted to move on I’ve no issue with it at all shame like but I bear the lad no Ill will
doc

Post by doc »

Gaznier wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:03 pm My main goal as wigans new owner would be buying KPP out of his newcastle contract and making him marquee..

Guess we have to make tough decisions based on salary cap. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you can spend it on what you want or, in Warrington's case, wisely.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

You kind of give up.
Sam T (who I like a whole lot) gets a £250 fine! and Kaide Ellies gets a 1- match ban for something that I can't even recall..

It's just a farce.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:02 pm You kind of give up.
Sam T (who I like a whole lot) gets a £250 fine! and Kaide Ellies gets a 1- match ban for something that I can't even recall..

It's just a farce.
Ellis supposedly did a crusher tackle!

Tomkins, according to the disciplinary panel, raised his knee on the ball carrier. The actual ball carrier was Tomkins!!!🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:39 pm

My post had 2 motivations:

1. A bit of fun - as Meds clearly responded to.

2. The anti-Powell posters constantly (and I mean constantly) exercised their right to post their negative views of Sam. I thought I would bring just a tiny bit of balance to bear.

Tbh, I never rated him as a top 9 in SL terms. But he does a job, and he is also part of our on-field leadership/organisation.
As we could lose Isa for 2024, and Cooper is still a bit doubtful, I think Sam is worth keeping for his leadership and experience in an otherwise young team.

O'Neill has been playing well and we have Leeming to come, so we'll see how Matty Peet sees it can me next year.
You don’t debate his merits - instead, you constantly attempt to establish some sort of moral superiority over the people who express their point of view (which none of us has bothered doing for months). You don’t debate the point, you attack the posters. I have no idea what motivates you, and couldn’t care less, but your condescension and arrogance towards others views is something to behold. Either way, there will come a day when Powell will no longer play for the club, and then you will have to find something else to attack Wigan fans for.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:09 pm

It's just a farce.

Tomkins, according to the disciplinary panel, raised his knee on the ball carrier. The actual ball carrier was Abbas Miski, so they got that wrong!!🤨
So while the match review panel are watching a different clip the rest of us can clearly see Tomkins raise his knee towards the incoming O'Neill you can't make it up
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:09 pm

It's just a farce.

Tomkins, according to the disciplinary panel, raised his knee on the ball carrier. The actual ball carrier was Tomkins so they got that wrong!!🤨
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hullda ... 709176.amp

Tomkins has the ball . Abbas tackles him then Tomkins raises his knee into Brad as he comes in to help Miski

EW
2002 and EW is hooked