Supporter matchday conduct reminder

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Supporter matchday conduct reminder

Post by josie andrews »

Throwing of drinks and other objects will not be tolerated.

We want to ensure that we maintain a safe and inclusive environment for all supporters to enjoy the game.

Club reserves the right to remove individuals from the stadium who do not adhere to basic conduct standards.

Wigan Warriors reminds all supporters of behaviour standards when attending home games at the DW Stadium.

Wigan Warriors would like to remind supporters that any form of antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. During the recent games, we had isolated incidents with a small group of supporters throwing drinks and other objects, particularly when celebrating.

Warriors have a wide supporter base, and we want to ensure that we maintain a safe and inclusive environment for all supporters to enjoy the game. Whilst we do encourage positive celebration at matchdays, we ask that you are respectful of your fellow supporters and the environment around you.

The support we have had for the 2023 season has been magnificent and we value the important part that all supporters play in our club. However, we will not allow actions of a minority group to have a negative impact on our matchday experience. As such, we reserve the right to remove individuals from the stadium who do not adhere to basic conduct standards.

We thank you all for your cooperation in this matter and look forward to continuing our journey into the final stages of the 2023 season.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... eminder-2/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Supporter matchday conduct reminder

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

On the subject of fan behavior I've noticed at home games Smith getting a lot of abuse. Their was a family calling him all sorts at the last home game, after which, they had their photo taken with him after the game. Utterly bizarre
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:14 pm On the subject of fan behavior I've noticed at home games Smith getting a lot of abuse. Their was a family calling him all sorts at the last home game, after which, they had their photo taken with him after the game. Utterly bizarre
No need for that at all, can't understand why you'd behave like that towards your own players 🤷‍♂️
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:14 pm On the subject of fan behavior I've noticed at home games Smith getting a lot of abuse. Their was a family calling him all sorts at the last home game, after which, they had their photo taken with him after the game. Utterly bizarre
That sort of thing has happened for years. There used to be a bloke who say near me who spent the entire game yelling abuse at Andy Farrell. :roll: I don't get it. We all have our opinion on players but when they are on the pitch surely you want them to do well whoever it is.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:38 pm
That sort of thing has happened for years. There used to be a bloke who say near me who spent the entire game yelling abuse at Andy Farrell. :roll: I don't get it. We all have our opinion on players but when they are on the pitch surely you want them to do well whoever it is.
I've always had the thought process of you have opinions of players. Some good some bad. But at the end of the day, I'd be more than happy if a player I didn't rate proved me wrong. During a game all i want is for everyone to do well and if I'm there they get my full support. Sometimes I find fans (and I'm talking about most sports now) especially on social media, if they have an opinion on a player on their team that is negative, it almost feels as if they want them to play badly to prove them right rather than the other way round
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Heh, yes! Cos as we all know, there's nothing more important than Being Right On The Internet! :lol: