Tonight's Match/Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Tonight's Match/Wigan squad for Salford

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:18 am
Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:21 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:04 pm In the East Stand.
Likewise for us
Me too 😊
And me
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:42 pm Just got back after a 1hr 30 minute drive due to the M6 being closed between J22 & J21. Normally takes about 50 minutes. :roll:

I thought Salford tried the best and a bit too hard at times but we got the tries when it mattered. The one on half time was funny but a good try non the less.

Why did he pull Field back about 15 minutes before the end? I thought he played advantage already?

Powell forward pass. Right call unfortunately
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mickw wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:38 pm Different interpretation of rules when it's us ,always has been,if French plays dead he's off that's how poor the refs are.
Exactly, credit to Bevan that he just got up. This game is getting too soft.
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:18 pm The French tackle: legs went over the horizontal, and that's a pen every day of the week these days. BUT, I think they need to be able to draw a distinction between deliberately grabbing the legs and lifting them (dangerous), and throwing a ball-carrier onto his back, when the legs may fly up. The tackle on Smithies, the same, The tackle on French: as said, a lazy arm, and a yellow the right decision. I'm all for red cards being restricted to deliberate foul play with an intent to injure. This wasn't that. Fair play to French for not making a meal of it.
Then the rules need changing, nothing malicious in either tackle.
Charriots Offiah

Croft is a class act.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:53 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:18 pm The French tackle: legs went over the horizontal, and that's a pen every day of the week these days. BUT, I think they need to be able to draw a distinction between deliberately grabbing the legs and lifting them (dangerous), and throwing a ball-carrier onto his back, when the legs may fly up. The tackle on Smithies, the same, The tackle on French: as said, a lazy arm, and a yellow the right decision. I'm all for red cards being restricted to deliberate foul play with an intent to injure. This wasn't that. Fair play to French for not making a meal of it.
Then the rules need changing, nothing malicious in either tackle.
I agree but they won’t not now there a possibility of court cases player welfare etc.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:42 pm Just got back after a 1hr 30 minute drive due to the M6 being closed between J22 & J21. Normally takes about 50 minutes. :roll:
Feel for you, took me about 2 hours to get home after calling at the jaw bone for a few madri.
PJC

Post by PJC »

To Dave O . Did you mean M60 per chance. Those 2 junctions closed . Took me 1.45, should have 1 hour. Back on topic. Good win against a difficult and at times fluid attacking side.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Job done. On to the next. Good stuff Peet and the boys.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

How good is it to see players start to up their game at the back end of the season? KPP, Byrne, Mago have all really put good shifts in over the last few weeks