Tonight's Match/Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tonight's Match/Wigan squad for Salford

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:23 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:18 am
Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Likewise for us
Me too 😊
And me
😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watching game fully and yes the ref was awful and even worse than i thought.Salford were very good tbf and faz my mom
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:36 am Just watching game fully and yes the ref was awful and even worse than i thought.Salford were very good tbf and faz my mom
I thought Salford always looked threatening when they had possession. I think we defended fantastically last night.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

A thoroughly professional performance - maybe the most professional of the season. Plaudits to French for not making a meal of that 'challenge' and don't think the refereeing was any worse than most other nights.
Agree about sorting out the legs over the horizontal problem. As it stands, Kendall had to give a penalty despite it being a textbook tackle. I suspect the lack of of a yellow card shows his view of it. Got to differentiate between the legs being deliberately lifted and the player being tackled, lifting his legs to get the penalty.
Otherwise - all top class. Mago's best game - Wardle looking a steal - KPP will be missed and a shout out to Nsemba for his long and very effective stint.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Refereeing is shocking atm. Come back John Holdsworth all is forgiven! ;)

Seriously though, and with all the video/assistant aids available, it's shocking. I can't think of a single ref who stands out. Let's hope the "new batch" coming through are more able.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

A bit of topic, but I’ve just counted and Wigan have conceded 7 tries in their last 5 games! Some going that 👏
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PJC wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:14 am To Dave O . Did you mean M60 per chance. Those 2 junctions closed . Took me 1.45, should have 1 hour. Back on topic. Good win against a difficult and at times fluid attacking side.
No, M6. I knew the junction was going to be shut on my way home before I set off for the match. I have got into the habit of checking given closures have been regular events on a Friday night as they “upgrade” the motorway to a smart one.

Diversion was short, head towards Warrington from J22, onto M62, then back on the M6 but as I was heading to Chester the sat nav deemed a scenic trip through Warrington at night was the way to go. Probably correct given the traffic trying to get back on the M6.

Yes Salford are a difficult side to beat. We have lost to worse sides than that this season.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:08 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:36 am Just watching game fully and yes the ref was awful and even worse than i thought.Salford were very good tbf and faz my mom
I thought Salford always looked threatening when they had possession. I think we defended fantastically last night.
Cant fault the defence one bit.A bit miffed as how many advantages kendall stopped.For me he totally spoiled that second half for both teams
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:49 am A bit of topic, but I’ve just counted and Wigan have conceded 7 tries in their last 5 games! Some going that 👏
Very much on-topic, I'd say! You'd struggle to lose games, conceding that few! :D