Mago

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Pearl1

Re: Mago

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:51 pm I asked him last night & he said nothings been decided yet. I told him I hope he stays 😊
Have you spoken to Havard? Hoping he is hopeful of getting back for the playoffs
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:44 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:51 pm I asked him last night & he said nothings been decided yet. I told him I hope he stays 😊
Have you spoken to Havard? Hoping he is hopeful of getting back for the playoffs
I think both Havard and Isa have a good chance of making the playoffs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes I have, on Wednesday when I was finalising plans for my head shave for charity, I asked him how was he doing & he wants to be back for the GF but I told him to get a good rest in the off season, get a good pre season & come back fully fit for next season 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:09 pm
I think both Havard and Isa have a good chance of making the playoffs.
I honestly think their may be a chance we don't see Isa again in a Cherry and White shirt unfortunately.

If he's only potentially going to be fit for the playoffs, that isn't enough time imo for him to get match sharpness after long layoffs. Couple that with form of Nsemba and KPP and then his age will make it harder to come to full fitness. I wouldn't be wanting Isa coming in for a big game as his first game back ahead of Junior, KPP or even Shorrocks
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:19 pm
Yes I have, on Wednesday when I was finalising plans for my head shave for charity, I asked him how was he doing & he wants to be back for the GF but I told him to get a good rest in the off season, get a good pre season & come back fully fit for next season 😊
That's a blow. Hope he's back fighting fit next season, but right now that feels an eternity away
Charriots Offiah

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:05 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:19 pm

That's a blow. Hope he's back fighting fit next season, but right now that feels an eternity away
The good thing about Ethan is that he doesn’t need to play a number of matches to get match fit. He normally carries on from where he left off.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

He’s been a different player of late and a damn site more effective, as he should of been going off his size, and he could play himself into a contract extension
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:09 am He’s been a different player of late and a damn site more effective, as he should of been going off his size, and he could play himself into a contract extension
He won’t.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:12 am
Barney841 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:09 am He’s been a different player of late and a damn site more effective, as he should of been going off his size, and he could play himself into a contract extension
He won’t.
Why not? Because they already decided to keep Cooper despite his injury and age?

When Mago came on v Salford he had an immediate impact. They could not put him down. He’s turned into the prop we need recently.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:12 am
He won’t.
Is that "official"?