What the RFL says WILL happen to abandoned match

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

What the RFL says WILL happen to abandoned match

Post by josie andrews »

Last night Wigan Warriors defeated Salford Red Devils to move top of the league but this was overshadowed by the abandonment of Leigh Leopards vs Huddersfield Giants.

As the game approached the 50 minute mark, the game was stopped after a floodlight failure.

After 55 minutes the game was abandoned with Leigh leading by a slender margin.

Many have been asking what next for this match. The RFL’s operational outline what is likely to happen:

“The Board will determine whether the result shall stand. If it does not stand the Match will be re-scheduled as directed by the Board. The decision of the Board in relation to such matters shall be final.

“Upon the abandonment of a Match for any reason before or during the half time interval which is subsequently declared to be void, spectators who attended the abandoned Match shall be entitled to admission for the next playing of the Match at half price.

Upon the abandonment of a Match for any reason in the second half, no concession will apply to the re-arranged Match.

“In relation to a Cup Tie: (i) if the Board declares that the result shall stand, then the division of proceeds shall be as set out in Operational Rules Section A3 as appropriate; and (ii) if the Board decide that the result shall not stand, then the proceeds of that Match and of the replaying of the same shall be aggregated and the division of proceeds as provided in the Operational Rules shall apply but the away team shall be entitled to claim its abortive travelling expenses to the voided Match.

“If any Play Off Match is abandoned, then the division of proceeds for the rearranged Match shall be made in accordance with such directions as the Board may give from time to time; and the Board shall have the power to vary these arrangements if it is deemed necessary to do so.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/what-the ... tch-81296/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: What the RFL says WILL happen to abandoned match

Post by josie andrews »

Game will resume from exactly the position at which it was interrupted & will play on Sunday at 3pm

https://x.com/superleague/status/169793 ... 3wQUEE0zxA
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:48 pm Game will resume from exactly the position at which it was interrupted & will play on Sunday at 3pm

Stupidity against .Should be replayed
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:48 pm Game will resume from exactly the position at which it was interrupted & will play on Sunday at 3pm

Interesting, I bet there will be some sore bodies out there.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:15 pm

No time, and the players would have to play a full game.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:55 pm

Correct!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Itcant possibly be fair and it would be great for the fans…… not
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:13 pm
Correct!
I get the no time thing so has its leighs fault and theres no time then a draw is the only solution.Providing huddersfield agree
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:39 pm [quote="josie andrews" post_id=536624 time=<a href="tel:1693663983">1693663983</a> user_id=5035]
[quote=Mike post_id=536620 time=<a href="tel:1693662943">1693662943</a> user_id=2]
[quote=Firestarter post_id=536617 time=<a href="tel:1693660527">1693660527</a> user_id=8126]

[/quote]

Correct!
[/quote]
I get the no time thing so has its leighs fault and theres no time then a draw is the only solution.Providing huddersfield agree
[/quote]

It’s not really Leigh’s fault, their ground is owned and maintained by Wigan Council - Leigh just rent the stadium from the Council.
To continue where they left off seems the fairest decision with only 3 weeks of the normal season left, otherwise Leigh would have to fit an extra game into the schedule and maybe give us a bigger advantage over them in the final game ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Who ever was in the lead should win or just call it a draw, either way works for me, Das Ende 8-)