Where's the drum gone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mouse13

Re: Where's the drum gone?

Post by Mouse13 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:16 pm
benjamaphone wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:12 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:50 pm It didn’t get banned at all!

The lad Callum comes from Dewsbury & his car had to have an MOT & he had no way of getting here. Simple as that.
Phew! Feel like we need to chip in for a back up drum if Callum can't get to games 😅
The fans on the same flight as Callum ended up chucking in to get his drum on the return flight I think it was! £120!
It was everyone on his coach to and from Perpignan that chucked in to pay. I was on the coach with him.
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mouse13 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:46 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:16 pm
benjamaphone wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:12 pm

Phew! Feel like we need to chip in for a back up drum if Callum can't get to games 😅
The fans on the same flight as Callum ended up chucking in to get his drum on the return flight I think it was! £120!
It was everyone on his coach to and from Perpignan that chucked in to pay. I was on the coach with him.
I knew it was something, only got told part of the story from a fan who was on the coach. Weren’t sure of the full logistics. Thanks for the full update 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:02 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:14 pm
Big stick wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:50 pm

Alright simmer down. I was wrong
What? I just replied to your post!
Sometimes your responses have an underlying tone due to your usage of exclamation marks Josie
Could I just say (without wanting to offend anyone), that those of us who were brought up in pen-and-paper days are not always conversant with the rules, or etiquette, of social media? Capitals being "shouting" is one example.

Josie's use of exclamation marks seems perfectly reasonable to me - though I accept that I'm no authority on this.

It would be helpful if we could all appreciate that written English has different rules for different people, and not get upset about an innocent contravention of somebody's rules!
(Pardon the exclamation mark!)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:15 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:02 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:14 pm

What? I just replied to your post!
Sometimes your responses have an underlying tone due to your usage of exclamation marks Josie
Could I just say (without wanting to offend anyone), that those of us who were brought up in pen-and-paper days are not always conversant with the rules, or etiquette, of social media? Capitals being "shouting" is one example.

Josie's use of exclamation marks seems perfectly reasonable to me - though I accept that I'm no authority on this.

It would be helpful if we could all appreciate that written English has different rules for different people, and not get upset about an innocent contravention of somebody's rules!
(Pardon the exclamation mark!)
👏👏👏 Spot on

Getting a bit tired of the constant falling out with each other on this site - people definitely need to have a minute before hitting reply.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

We need a few drummers, really does add to the atmosphere.

When I was young during the Noble Barrett era I used to do it and there was a 5/6 drums.
jobo

Post by jobo »

What happened to the Brigantes?
They definitely added to the atmosphere.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

jobo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:41 pm What happened to the Brigantes?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think they were erring on the 'hooligan' side of things if I remember correctly. A few incidents came about and they disappeared
pedro

Post by pedro »

jobo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:41 pm What happened to the Brigantes?
became something it wasnt supposed to be, was mainly set up for the WCC St George game and was a proper success