Dom Young insane super try’s

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Dom Young insane super try’s

Post by josie andrews »

The first of his two spectacular tries

https://x.com/nbiffs/status/16979345511 ... 3wQUEE0zxA

The link from Newcastle Knights show you both try’s from Dom Young at the end of the post 78th minute & 80th minute

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/new ... aight-win/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Dom Young insane super try’s

Post by Caboosegg »

Straight out of the Tom Johnstone playback that.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If there had been no corner flags in Boston's day he would have doubled his try scoring record. Having said that, I am happy that the rule has been changed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The corner flags makes it more exciting and skillful
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, why celebrate the sport?
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:56 am Yeah, why celebrate the sport?
Exactly!
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Fantastic try and like so many others we now see, but to play devils advocate, at which point are these try’s banned? If a defender was to put the attacker in that position through tackling it would be penalised, so why is an attacker not penalised for putting themselves in a dangerous position.

Giving the legal case on head knocks and the effects they have, is there a safe way to allow these sorts of try’s to continue and be scored?

I’m all for them, but I do feel we are only one injury away before a return to the corner flag is brought back.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:51 am Fantastic try and like so many others we now see, but to play devils advocate, at which point are these try’s banned? If a defender was to put the attacker in that position through tackling it would be penalised, so why is an attacker not penalised for putting themselves in a dangerous position.

Giving the legal case on head knocks and the effects they have, is there a safe way to allow these sorts of try’s to continue and be scored?

I’m all for them, but I do feel we are only one injury away before a return to the corner flag is brought back.
How would that change anything with regards to the point you are raising?

In Youngs tries, for example, even if the corner flag was brought back in they would be given as tries.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fact is, for all people witter on about corner flags, in the majority of the spectacular put-downs we see these days, the ball has in fact been grounded before the corner flag is ever touched (if it is at all).