Loans??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Re: Loans??

Post by adrenalinxx »

Mark Edmondson has not played yet for Sydney Roosters, so they might be will to loan him out so that he can get some game time. Edmondson has already played in Super League so wouldn't take him long to fit in, he won't count as an overseas player and has already played under Millward.

Although possibility but I doubt that any NRL team would agree to loan a player half way around the world.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I would rather Milly brought some of the younger lads through but i think it probably will be better to bring in some weight. I think the problem is if you put some youngsters on they are gonna get hurt cos lets face it Bradford are Big, Mean and Fast we definatly need some extra muscle. I think moving Fletcher to Prop is a BAD idea, the guy isn't fully fit yet and you put him at high risk id rather see wigan go down by 90 than see anymore injuries to our starting squad. I think Fletchers experience could be the key to success in the second half of the season and if he gets injured are well and truely in the proverbial poo :roll:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

adrenalinxx posted:
Mark Edmondson has not played yet for Sydney Roosters, so they might be will to loan him out so that he can get some game time. Edmondson has already played in Super League so wouldn't take him long to fit in, he won't count as an overseas player and has already played under Millward.

Although possibility but I doubt that any NRL team would agree to loan a player half way around the world.
Agreed, Edmondson would be a useful addition even if was only for half a dozen games.

I've been trying to think of anyone else we could get and have drawn a blank. Anybody we could get from a SL team would either be over the hill or a kid - which we have plenty of already.

More likely we will end up with someone like McDonald again - another Botham or Nick Graham would be a lot more useful.

Hopefully if someone does come in, they might bring some spark with them. We could do with someone who is aggressive and gets in teams faces - always fires up the team when there is a good bout of fisticuffs!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

yeah i agree i think thats one of the big things we lost with the departure of Newton. Someone who will NOT back down no matter the odds, i know Newtons temper was both his downfall as much as a quality but i think you need at least one loose cannon on your side a Bailey, McDermot or going back through the Wigan archives a Skerret someone who really gets up in the faces of the opposition i think we are in danger of getting bullied by bradford if someone isn't there to provide that aspect of he game
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
I think moving Fletcher to Prop is a BAD idea, the guy isn't fully fit yet and you put him at high risk id rather see wigan go down by 90 than see anymore injuries to our starting squad.
If we lose every week then it doesn't matter who gets injured - ultimately we need results and sooner rather than later. There's no point wrapping players in cotton wool. We have to try and win every game - the team has already been accused of not trying and it's a dangerous mentality to get into. As soon as you start thinking like losers you play like them (something that the team could already be accused of)

Fletcher will have to play more of a prop role; regardless of where he plays on the teamsheet. The bigger players have to take the ball up the middle - that's rugby league
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
Some of us from further north would be in hysterics if Edmo were to sign. I'm told he writes a column in the paper back home, a "local lad done good and playing in Aus" diary type thing (they're always a bit short of news around Lancaster/Morecambe) and he never had a good word to say about Wigan when I lived up there. But he's a decent player who really improved in Millward, and I'm surprised Sidney didn't use him as cover for Morley during his ban (although Mozza will undoubtably miss plenty more games this year due to bans and injuries as per usual).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Wouldn't mind Edmondson as a stop gap signing to give us a hand, but I think it's a non-starter seeing as he's only just starting a career in the NRL.

Remember seeing in the news a couple of weeks ago that NZ Warriors were looking to reduce their wage bill, and were rumoured to be releasing Richard Villasanti.

He has plenty of NRL experience, not sure if he'd count as an overseas player or whether there's a Kolpak possibility?

Whatever happens, it's obvious we need some help in the forwards because yet again we're fast running out of bodies.
superleague

Post by superleague »

what about kris feather from leeds there always loaning him around?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

superleague posted:

Posts like this are enough to make me weep :conf:
superleague

Post by superleague »

Doveoverdave posted:
superleague posted:

Posts like this are enough to make me weep :conf:
and whys that? :conf:

Mike