Powell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
doc
Posts: 1833
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Powell

Post by doc »

eaststandspy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:53 pm O'Neil starts to do all the tough stuff which he does really well, then bring on Leaming when the opposition are searching for their second wind. That is how I believe he will be best used, because I'm not sure about him in a grind.
Agree. Peet has always played with a hooker that scoots when he was coaching the academy.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Powell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

doc wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:02 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:53 pm O'Neil starts to do all the tough stuff which he does really well, then bring on Leaming when the opposition are searching for their second wind. That is how I believe he will be best used, because I'm not sure about him in a grind.
Agree. Peet has always played with a hooker that scoots when he was coaching the academy.
Then both Forber and Ratchford would be ideal.
morley pie eater
Posts: 3331
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Powell

Post by morley pie eater »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm He gets my respect.
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now
Strange respect that follows with "happy to see the back of him"! When you're made redundant and your boss says the same, how will you feel - respected???
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke
Posts: 10743
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Millom
Contact:

Re: Powell

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:54 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm He gets my respect.
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now
Strange respect that follows with "happy to see the back of him"! When you're made redundant and your boss says the same, how will you feel - respected???
I had that happen to me at Richard Woodalls in 2005, One of the owners came to me on my last day and gave me all that spiel, I felt respected due to the fact he was proper scared of me due to my size and volatile nature back then, The End 8-)
Barney841
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Powell

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:54 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm He gets my respect.
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now
Strange respect that follows with "happy to see the back of him"! When you're made redundant and your boss says the same, how will you feel - respected???
Not really. I respect him as a player and what he’s achieved.
And for the remark me saying “happy to the see the back of him”, I mean I think we’ve been needing abit more of dynamic kind of hooker for a while now, and it’s been long time coming(too long).
Post Reply