Wigan Warriors youth system

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan Warriors youth system

Post by Charriots Offiah »

the pieman wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:28 am i've seen a facebook post earlier this week where we have taken quite a few guys from Thatto Heath onto our scholarship

one of my old work mates has a long association with them and he often touts them as the best amateur club in the country. He is rightly proud of what they have produced / produce

the plus side for us, is that we are looking a little further afield than the production lines of St Pats, Judes, Orrell etc and in taking so many from Thatto Heath could be a positive if we can get 2-3 of them into the 1st team. I know we regularly have players in our academy who arent from Wigan, but dont think we've ever had so many from one club outside of Wigan previously
We don’t do too bad from Siddal.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not sure our net doesn't spread wide already 2022 and 23 intakes saw our youth represented from these clubs that I can find.....
Leigh Miners Rangers
West Bank Bears
Woolston Rovers
Keighley Albion
Orrell St James
Wigan St Judes
Blackbrook
Rochdale Mayfield
Halton Farnworth Hornets
Siddal
Rylands Sharks
Hindley
Ashton Bears
Leigh East
Wigan St Patricks
Westhoughton Lions
Featherstone Lions
Saddleworth Rangers
Bank Quay Bulls
Kells
Crosfields
Chorley Panthers
Ince Rose Bridge
Hensingham
Rochdale Mayfield
Waterhead Warriors
Heworth
Latchford
This intake seems slightly more local if anything for next year with 8 from Thatto and 8 from shevi sharks. They was both the best teams at that age group. Most of the others from Thatto have gone to saints.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:45 am Not sure our net doesn't spread wide already 2022 and 23 intakes saw our youth represented from these clubs that I can find.....
Leigh Miners Rangers
West Bank Bears
Woolston Rovers
Keighley Albion
Orrell St James
Wigan St Judes
Blackbrook
Rochdale Mayfield
Halton Farnworth Hornets
Siddal
Rylands Sharks
Hindley
Ashton Bears
Leigh East
Wigan St Patricks
Westhoughton Lions
Featherstone Lions
Saddleworth Rangers
Bank Quay Bulls
Kells
Crosfields
Chorley Panthers
Ince Rose Bridge
Hensingham
Rochdale Mayfield
Waterhead Warriors
Heworth
Latchford
This intake seems slightly more local if anything for next year with 8 from Thatto and 8 from shevi sharks. They was both the best teams at that age group. Most of the others from Thatto have gone to saints.
Yep, it's great isn't it? We've also got players from Oldham as well this year. Although, off the top of my head and from what I can remember, I think Thatto and Shevy seemed to be the biggest "providers" of players for this years intake. Still, it's gonna be exciting to see how they develop and progress and maybe one or two will end up in our first team :D

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:56 pm I remember it well Morley may have been 64/65 for me but I went train spotting on north western and got the train you mention back to bryn or garswood as it was in between where I lived, the good old days waiting for a Britania class to come through if we were lucky
:D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐