Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by DaveO »

Not had chance to see the game today but just watched the highlights on Sky and some good tries scored. One thing I noticed was Field gave some excellent passes in the build up to several when he came into the line.

As to Leeds being poor, well you can only play what is in front of you and as the final league positions could come down to points difference the team did exactly what was necessary.

It’s also one for the record books as Leeds heaviest home defeat so some bragging rights into the bargain.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm Leeds are an easy team to beat but also easy to lose against

All you need to do is do the basic's well - they aren't a good team IMO if you play smart and keep focused you don't have to chance too much they will give you opportunities

however if you let them in and then start to play lose that suits them and they suddenly come to life and they can score heavily quickly

They are bit like a bad boxer with a good punch, box smart and use your skills its an easy night - get into a brawl and you play to their strengths
Wigan did everything right and it was an easy win as result
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mickali1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:21 pm
If there is any way we can keep King we should go all out. He has become one of my favourite players and you can see he loves it at Wigan.
He came to me after the game for a chat, & he reiterated how much he loves it here, “it’s a family isn’t it? I love it. Let’s hope they don’t want me back!”

Told him the fans want him to stay & he appreciates that 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

Matty Peet saved this club. We were going nowhere, and going there quickly.

Our identity is back - we don't play well every week, but we're built on some explosive threequarters and rabid defence. We are Wigan again now. Great performance and we seem to be peaking at the right time.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:46 pm
mickali1 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:21 pm
If there is any way we can keep King we should go all out. He has become one of my favourite players and you can see he loves it at Wigan.
He came to me after the game for a chat, & he reiterated how much he loves it here, “it’s a family isn’t it? I love it. Let’s hope they don’t want me back!”

Told him the fans want him to stay & he appreciates that 😊
That's good to hear, Josie. It seems pretty obvious to me, from the terraces, that he's enjoying playing for Wigan. We scored all those tries by our outside backs last season with Faz and Isa often playing in the centres, this year we've had two proper centres, and been all the better for it.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

King was really good today would be more than happy for him to stay, SC could be a problem though.
Think the forwards were really good today. We’re gonna miss KPP when he goes, he seems to have stepped it up a level if he was about a stone heavier he would be an animal.
Bet McDonnell is gutted has gone to Leeds now, could have had an opportunity when KPP leaves. Think Nicholson was the better one that left
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Also, just gotta say again; Abbas Miski, what a guy! Can't keep him off the score-sheet!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Great win it's never easy in Yorkshire especially against Leeds. Was mad hot on the terrace god knows how they played in it. Echo what's been said the first 20 while looking nothing special killed Leeds that was playoff high intensity RL. 95% completion. While just taking last tackle into the corner it made Leeds come out of their own 10 time after time if you can get the field position to do it and have discipline defensively it's low risk, no 7 tackles from the 25 like a lot of kicks can end.
I also have a feeling Wire may take Saints next week, with more equality on many 50/50 calls Leigh could have done them last night l, especially if they had any real impact in the middle off the bench. Roby is still their main man but saints look a little blunt obviously they could still get over the line again in playoff rugby but they are not the team they was.
Only worry we have is Byrne, last few weeks with help around him he's looked very good, without Cooper and Havard we need him back though the latter may have a chance for finals.
How lovely to see a class center in Wardle, he runs great lines with a sharp step and pace his movement before he catches the ball can create space in the blink of an eye brilliant to watch.
A good team performance today excellent!!
Last edited by lucky 13 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Everyone knows what a quiet, undemonstrative, dare I say, a ‘genteel’ sort of guy Wardle is. To confirm this
he was given the drum in the winning changing room after the game for the victory song! Just watch!! 😂😂

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 3wQUEE0zxA
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:57 pm Cracking win!
Have to admit I was abit uninspired in the first 20 minutes from both teams, poor quality, but we grew into the game I just really took it to Leeds and to nil them at their spot is brilliant. Smith to lose his job
Shame about Byrne has been in good form of late, got to say though I was on the floor in hysterics when Barrie said about him being the best prop in the comp.
Seems a bit cruel when he kicked 7 from 9. :lol: :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.