Byrne

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Byrne

Post by NICKYKISS »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:22 pm Its a shame - he'd had a couple of good games (and the media was suddenly calling him the best prop at Wigan which was a massive overreaction IMO). We could have done with a prop in good form going into the playoffs.

Barrie Mac went rogue on Saturday and started saying he’d be in his dream team! They don’t half talk some waffle at times. It’s been great to see Byrnes resurgence recently and he’s been playing really well but I reckon even Byrne himself would admit he’s not been at his best for the majority of the season.

It’s such a shame to see him now injured and it’s in-keeping with how the season has gone for our props. He was just starting to play proper play off type rugby and he’ll be tough to cover.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:47 pm Is it official? Not heard owt to confirm
Not official but definitely true.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Havard will probably get rushed back if we can get to the final even tho he wouldn’t be 100%fit. All the cries from St Helens lot about a few injuries when we’ve got 4 first choice forwards out now.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Big blow he showed early season and back end what's he's capable of becoming especially when fully fit with the right support around him. I'm pretty sure if we had Havard and Byrne firing with Mago on present form with Dupree and Ellis's we would be very very difficult to stop.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:10 pm Havard will probably get rushed back if we can get to the final even tho he wouldn’t be 100%fit. All the cries from St Helens lot about a few injuries when we’ve got 4 first choice forwards out now.
I don’t think they will rush him back, that was Havard telling me he’d be ready for GF. Willie Isa is more likely to be fit before Havard!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:57 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:10 pm Havard will probably get rushed back if we can get to the final even tho he wouldn’t be 100%fit. All the cries from St Helens lot about a few injuries when we’ve got 4 first choice forwards out now.
I don’t think they will rush him back, that was Havard telling me he’d be ready for GF. Willie Isa is more likely to be fit before Havard!
id play Hil/Nsemba before Isa
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:59 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:57 pm
id play Hil/Nsemba before Isa
Well yes, but I was just saying I think Isa would be fit before Havard, not that he would be selected 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If true a real pity for Liam as he was playing so well.

We've now Byrne, Cooper and Havard of our starting props out. The most likely selection to me would be, Ellis & Dupree to start with Mago off the bench together with Harvey Hill. We'll find out Friday and see how they go against Cas.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:27 am If true a real pity for Liam as he was playing so well.

We've now Byrne, Cooper and Havard of our starting props out. The most likely selection to me would be, Ellis & Dupree to start with Mago off the bench together with Harvey Hill. We'll find out Friday and see how they go against Cas.
Hill really needs another run out and maybe another reserve prop to be brought through v Cas.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:02 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:27 am If true a real pity for Liam as he was playing so well.

Hill really needs another run out and maybe another reserve prop to be brought through v Cas.
You want to play another reserve prop along with Hill v Cas? Are you mad? We want to finish top and need to win the game so need the best side out there we can muster.