Quota spots

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Quota spots

Post by Brennox7 »

Hi guys, wondering if anyone could clear this up for me.

7 quota spots per squad? (Field,French,Miski,Ellis,,Mago,Cust,Isa)

Assuming cust leaves that gives keighran his spot, but what about Jackie Chan?

Isa Mago Ellis Miski all signed extensions.

Please don’t tell me French or field are off? Or is chan not a quota?
Crossy210

Re: Quota spots

Post by Crossy210 »

I believe chan is classed as federation trained. So doesn’t take up a quota spot. I could be wrong though
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Yeah I wasn’t sure as he was born in Australia, dads a kiwi but represents France.

Looks confusing
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

He played in France when he was 18 so think that means he isn’t a quota player
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Does Isa count as he has been here in the uk since forever?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Welski

Post by Welski »

I thought I’d have a hunt about to get an answer came across this. It’s not related but as I was reading the Wigan section it mentions; “Trio Willie Isa, Patrick Mago and Cade Cust remain without deals for 2024.”

For a minute I though Willie wasn’t his first name! :oops:

In my defense I spent a lot of time in NZ and they do have some unusual names! E.g a teacher friend had children named ‘Bus stop’ and twins named Benson and Hedges in her school.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Keighran replaces Cust and are quota is full
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:41 pm Does Isa count as he has been here in the uk since forever?
Yes. The quota is now based on whether or not a player is federation trained. To be federation trained means the player must have spent three seasons at a SL/Championship club before reaching the age of 21. Isa didn't so he is quota and neither did Keighran who I have seen mentioned as a potential off quota player on Facebook.

Chan on the other hand began his career in France so despite being born in Australia he doesn't count on the quota.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welski wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:56 pm In my defense I spent a lot of time in NZ and they do have some unusual names! E.g a teacher friend had children named ‘Bus stop’ and twins named Benson and Hedges in her school.
I remember reading about those names. I don't think it was bus stop but "Number 16 bus shelter" which was apparently the place of conception. Another daft name was Fish and Chips for twins and I am pretty sure at least one set of parents landed in court for trying to give their kids such idiotic names including "Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii ".

Found the article: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/number-16 ... 4ODX22U24/
Welski

Post by Welski »

Quality! I must have misremembered it was about 1993 I was there. My claim to fame was surviving a head butt from Inga’s cousin and living through a “Once were warriors” full scale bar room brawl. It was a fantastic place those things aside!! (Slightly off topic sorry!)
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League