Mago 1 yr extension

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
up the junction

Re: Mago 1 yr extension

Post by up the junction »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 pm This is what happened today 🥰

How good is our club?

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 00162?s=46
This puts your faith back in humanity
Absolutely fabulous by our club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

eaststandspy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:17 pm Great news it's made my day, I'm buzzing, well done Patrick Mago I was a bit twitchy wondering if he was going to be resigned. Great contract, keeps him on his toes.
Well done Wigan Warriors that was pure class the way it was announced. This club is amazing, I just love the culture that is growing here. We are the bench mark for others to follow
We always have been. I always said this for years, "Where Wigan Warriors lead, all others follow". 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:24 pm Fantastic news! On current form he deserves it!
he has no form, taking up a spot, not played well before and cant understand it.....
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:05 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:24 pm Fantastic news! On current form he deserves it!
he has no form, taking up a spot, not played well before and cant understand it.....
He has played very well over the last 6 or 7 weeks. Do you disagree?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wasn't too shabby tonight either. It's all good. :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:03 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:28 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 pm This is what happened today 🥰

How good is our club?

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 00162?s=46
That is really great.
Will the real DaveO stand up please 😉😉
The youngest of my two sons is Autistic so to see the club do that for someone is fantastic. I know how much it will be appreciated not just by the young lad but by his parents and the rest of his family.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Really really classy from the club.
We are all WIgan.
I am delighted Mago has re signed, and have high hopes that what we have recently seen will be par for the course.
I am, though, puzzled by our recruitment.
Next year, we seem to have the following props (or at least players who have predominantly played there)…
Ellis - Dupree - Mago - Cooper - Havard - Byrne - Hill - Chan - Walters
Isn’t that more than we need???
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:12 pm Really really classy from the club.
We are all WIgan.
I am delighted Mago has re signed, and have high hopes that what we have recently seen will be par for the course.
Next year, we seem to have the following props (or at least players who have predominantly played there)…
Not given half our props are usually injured! I think based on the recruitment after Walters signed he’s definitely going to be in the 2nd row. Not sure if that is true for Chan.

Cooper won’t be fit at the seasons start I believe so maybe six props to start with to rotate?
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

DaveO wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:19 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:12 pm Really really classy from the club.
We are all WIgan.
Not given half our props are usually injured! I think based on the recruitment after Walters signed he’s definitely going to be in the 2nd row. Not sure if that is true for Chan.

Cooper won’t be fit at the seasons start I believe so maybe six props to start with to rotate?
Cooper spoke to hospitality yesterday before the game and mentioned his return was originally set for April but has hopefully been brought forward to February so keep your fingers crossed 🤞
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Good signing. His recent form deserves it.