Tonight's Match Vs Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Tonight's Match Vs Cas

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 pm Wigan have not got out if 2nd gear but 10 points have gone begging because Smith can't kick goals.

Hes also kicked early in the tackle count a few times when I don't think he needed to.

The was a spell midway through the half we looked half arsed for a bit.

Needs a bit of a spark to put us out of sight given the way Smith is kicking the goals.
We kick on the 4th a lot. I think a lot of the time is because we can and are good enough to get good field position without using the 5th tackle, but it keeps the opposition guessing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:47 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 pm Wigan have not got out if 2nd gear but 10 points have gone begging because Smith can't kick goals.

Hes also kicked early in the tackle count a few times when I don't think he needed to.

Needs a bit of a spark to put us out of sight given the way Smith is kicking the goals.
We kick on the 4th a lot. I think a lot of the time is because we can and are good enough to get good field position without using the 5th tackle, but it keeps the opposition guessing.
I just thought one time in particular after Ellis had made a lot of yards he kicked the ball away needlessly.

Mind you just how bad were Cas? Surprised they aren't bottom if they have played like that all season.

For Wigan I thought King had a really good game (looks like he's intending to go out on a high) and Nsemba really enjoyed himself though he got a lot of attention form the Cas players but didn't lose his rag and didn't do anything except drive then back when he had the ball.

As to Blake Austin from Cas, what a plonker. Totally lost it when he was sin binned and was more interested in playing dirty once the game was gone for them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:23 pm

Next years Powell?

While goal kicking was an issue they where some difficult angles
No not next years Powell? Silly comment. His goal kicking was awful. Even with them being on the touchline you would expect a better than 1 from 5.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Only thing that was good about Cas tonight was their drummer in the stands, and their counter chant ‘were staying’ up to our ‘we are top of the league’

Other than that it was one way traffic
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I thought Nsemba was excellent. They have some big, experienced bodies Cas and they went after him and kept coming off second best. Massey in particular looked worse for wear after one attempt. He looks like he could be some player the kid.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:01 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:47 pm

I just thought one time in particular after Ellis had made a lot of yards he kicked the ball away needlessly.

Mind you just how bad were Cas? Surprised they aren't bottom if they have played like that all season.

For Wigan I thought King had a really good game (looks like he's intending to go out on a high) and Nsemba really enjoyed himself though he got a lot of attention form the Cas players but didn't lose his rag and didn't do anything except drive then back when he had the ball.

As to Blake Austin from Cas, what a plonker. Totally lost it when he was sin binned and was more interested in playing dirty once the game was gone for them.
Junior was head and shoulders above anyone on the field. At 19 years old he has got the world at his feet. We need to sign this lad up long term. You n my view, we should have signed Austin when he left Wire, he has got a great skill set.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

First home league game miss for us in what over 10 years but when deacon blue are in Liverpool then only one winner tonight so watching them was brilliant as always we did get score updates Cas as bad as I fear they would be or did Wigan just play well?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:30 pm I thought Nsemba was excellent. They have some big, experienced bodies Cas and they went after him and kept coming off second best. Massey in particular looked worse for wear after one attempt. He looks like he could be some player the kid.
Makes you wonder, what's he going to be like when he's fully grown! I thought it was pleasing, and said a lot, that MP trusted him with a full 80 mins there.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MrAlex wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 pm Looks like the new goal kicking coach has made a difference :D

I'd make Miski a marquee player as soon as.
Hope you’re joking?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:43 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:30 pm I thought Nsemba was excellent. They have some big, experienced bodies Cas and they went after him and kept coming off second best. Massey in particular looked worse for wear after one attempt. He looks like he could be some player the kid.
Makes you wonder, what's he going to be like when he's fully grown! I thought it was pleasing, and said a lot, that MP trusted him with a full 80 mins there.
I really hope he doesn't look at KPP and follow suit. He seems to be really close with him, always seems to hang around him after games. I'm sure KPP will be a hit in the NRL and I have no doubt they will have the feelers out already for Junior. He absolutely has so much going for him at such a young age