Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Isa

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:38 pm It's easy to criticise this move but is there anyone of real quality available at the moment not sure there in this country at least and if you down under you only get the dog botherers or untried players so as a holding pattern it makes sense
Therein lies the issue though you aren't trying to replace with quality so if you were going to market for someone to replace ISA you'd be looking a a prospect or a utility who can expect game time only when injuries are heavy

So that's why its all down to wage, if he's on a first team wage then its a shocker of a call, if hes on what a 18/19 year old prospect earns then i guess its an option

Still for me you have a player who's steady at best playing into a year when even the great players have struggled like DaveO said if lockers cant make an impact at that age being one of the best to do it then it doesnt bode well for ISA. Roby is great example of how time catches quick and he again one of the very very best this year hes been a shadow
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

terrible when you consider theres a 3rd marquee next year
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:09 pm terrible when you consider theres a 3rd marquee next year
How do you know we haven’t already used that with an existing player to enable the signings we’ve made ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:17 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:38 pm It's easy to criticise this move but is there anyone of real quality available at the moment not sure there in this country at least and if you down under you only get the dog botherers or untried players so as a holding pattern it makes sense
Therein lies the issue though you aren't trying to replace with quality so if you were going to market for someone to replace ISA you'd be looking a a prospect or a utility who can expect game time only when injuries are heavy

So that's why its all down to wage, if he's on a first team wage then its a shocker of a call, if hes on what a 18/19 year old prospect earns then i guess its an option

Still for me you have a player who's steady at best playing into a year when even the great players have struggled like DaveO said if lockers cant make an impact at that age being one of the best to do it then it doesnt bode well for ISA. Roby is great example of how time catches quick and he again one of the very very best this year hes been a shadow
Of course Willie is on a first team salary, why would he not be? However, we have seen a glimpse of lthe future tonight. Junior was my man of the match, irrespective of Abbas’s try haul. We still need to adopt a ruthless mentality.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think Roby has bad this season from what I've seen. He is a great player, one of England's best. Didn't looked too bad tonight, from what I saw.
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Matty Peet "he continues to drive standards on and off the field"
That judgement will do for me.👍
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:31 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:09 pm terrible when you consider theres a 3rd marquee next year
How do you know we haven’t already used that with an existing player to enable the signings we’ve made ?
with whats been brought in it would be madness if so
Wigan_forever1985

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Of course Willie is on a first team salary, why would he not be? However, we have seen a glimpse of lthe future tonight. Junior was my man of the match, irrespective of Abbas’s try haul. We still need to adopt a ruthless mentality.
Because he’s not a first team player if everyone’s fit he doesn’t get in the team
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So you're saying only 17 players get a first team salary?
Wigan_forever1985

moto748 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:39 am So you're saying only 17 players get a first team salary?
Sorry realise my wording is wrong here what I meant was starting team money as in money someone who is an expected 13/17 player