Tonight's Match Vs Cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Tonight's Match Vs Cas

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:13 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:23 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 pm Wigan have not got out if 2nd gear but 10 points have gone begging because Smith can't kick goals.

Hes also kicked early in the tackle count a few times when I don't think he needed to.

The was a spell midway through the half we looked half arsed for a bit.

Needs a bit of a spark to put us out of sight given the way Smith is kicking the goals.
Next years Powell?

While goal kicking was an issue they where some difficult angles
No not next years Powell? Silly comment. His goal kicking was awful. Even with them being on the touchline you would expect a better than 1 from 5.
Was Hampshire any better? He had much simpler kicks and missed 2.

Not a silly comment though. Apart from his.goal kicking Smith was playing well when we changed to Hampshire and French we looked alot less organised. Not that it mattered as you could see cas had gone mentally after the first try in the second half.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:01 am
MrAlex wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 pm Looks like the new goal kicking coach has made a difference :D

I'd make Miski a marquee player as soon as.
Hope you’re joking?
I’m with you Josie.
Miski has suprised me and he’s doing well but no way a marquee player.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If the kicking conversations dosnt I improve it will bite us on arse in the next couple of weeks
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:03 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:13 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:23 pm

Next years Powell?

While goal kicking was an issue they where some difficult angles
No not next years Powell? Silly comment. His goal kicking was awful. Even with them being on the touchline you would expect a better than 1 from 5.
Was Hampshire any better? He had much simpler kicks and missed 2.

Not a silly comment though. Apart from his.goal kicking Smith was playing well when we changed to Hampshire and French we looked alot less organised. Not that it mattered as you could see cas had gone mentally after the first try in the second half.
I took tour comment about the next Powell to imply that next season I’d be on Smiths back which is why I said it was silly. If that was the intention it was indeed silly. Powell gets criticism from me because I have never thought he’s been good enough. That is not the case with Smith.

Whether Hampshire was better or not is irrelevant because Smith kicking one from five isn’t good enough, period. Hopefully next season AK will take over and that may even help Smith improve the rest of his game further taking the pressure off.

I think Smith is a good player but his goal kicking issues continue.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hopefully Smith will be reserve kicker AK coming then the kicking issue becomes moot
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:00 pm Hopefully Smith will be reserve kicker AK coming then the kicking issue becomes moot
AK kicked 9 from 10 conversions tonight.
(Scored a hat trick of tries as well.)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bertina wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:36 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:00 pm Hopefully Smith will be reserve kicker AK coming then the kicking issue becomes moot
AK kicked 9 from 10 conversions tonight.
(Scored a hat trick of tries as well.)
Yes he was rather good wasn't he albeit against a dire Leeds side