Harry Smith takes fresh step to improve his Wigan Warriors goal King record

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Harry Smith takes fresh step to improve his Wigan Warriors goal King record

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm We have signed a goal kicking centre from Catalans , so job sorted next year
He maybe a decent goal kicker, but I've not been convinced by his centre play, particularly defensively and he certainly doesn't carry the ball as well as King. It'll be interesting to see how he goes today v Leeds. I just hope he's not an expensive Hankinson?
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

I'm sure it is a confidence issue with Harry He can only sort that himself with a little help from a kicking coach. It is no good giving the lad grief. Its support he needs.
boggart

Kicking Coach

Post by boggart »

Paul Grayson is a former England RU player. An RU insider but never afraid to say what he thought, relatively speaking, and with a rep for being a bit outspoken. Witness some of his stints as a commentator and punter on TV and in the press. On that basis, it might be interesting, given the pasting that England RU culture and attitudes are (justly) getting at present, to interview him on Wigan TV, hopefully to get some gems re the difference between League and Union, meaning how much better every aspect of League is than its Union equivalent, of course. Or perhaps I'm pre-empting things a little. Nonetheless, what about it?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Matters not made easy for Harry with us scoring so many tries by the corner flag.
Ironic that when he didn't play the second half the first try after half time was under the cross bar. Harry should be so lucky!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:51 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm We have signed a goal kicking centre from Catalans , so job sorted next year
He maybe a decent goal kicker, but I've not been convinced by his centre play, particularly defensively and he certainly doesn't carry the ball as well as King. It'll be interesting to see how he goes today v Leeds. I just hope he's not an expensive Hankinson?
Meaning what?

There’s talk of Keighran being in running for dream team. Can’t be that bad?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

3/4 so far for keighran, 2 from the touch line 👍
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Scored 30 points tonight, what more do you want?
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

PF Warrior wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:07 pm I'm sure it is a confidence issue with Harry He can only sort that himself with a little help from a kicking coach. It is no good giving the lad grief. Its support he needs.
I think you've missed the point. He's been receiving coaching from a professional goal kicking coach for which I'm sure we've paid handsomely. But I'm not convinced it's worked 🙄
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Think you got your answer.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bob the Builder wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:42 pm
PF Warrior wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:07 pm I'm sure it is a confidence issue with Harry He can only sort that himself with a little help from a kicking coach. It is no good giving the lad grief. Its support he needs.
I think you've missed the point. He's been receiving coaching from a professional goal kicking coach for which I'm sure we've paid handsomely. But I'm not convinced it's worked 🙄
For how long?

If it was that easy everyone would be knocking them over at 90+%
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."