Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Leigh

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 pm I didn't see the game live or on TV. What's the honest view on the two disallowed tries? Was Leigh's more deserving than Wigan's?
Both tries for me
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So, a case of levelling up, then?
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

The Leigh try was a try but the reason it wasn’t given is because Jai Field had just had a try ruled out for an equally weak supposed obstruction 60 seconds earlier. All you can ask for from refs is consistency and there it was.

Off to scroll through RedWee to drink in the Saints fans complaining about refereeing decisions but may die of irony
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:45 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:17 pm No post match remarks from Lam, seems unusual?
Beumont banned him from speaking to Sky because if the disallowed try. No class from him. I am sure Lam would have been fine with the interview.

Beaumont has never had any class. He is like a schoolboy bully, if someone stands up to him he can’t hack it. He needs to grow a pair.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Thought hill did well but tonight highlighted the discussion yesterday about isa even more. Leigh targeted junior when we switched kpp to prop. Kpp was our best player up to then and was outstanding in defence. It’s important we keep as many leaders on the pitch as possible. Isa/ havard will both be welcomed back.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:33 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 pm I didn't see the game live or on TV. What's the honest view on the two disallowed tries? Was Leigh's more deserving than Wigan's?
Both tries for me
Gildart’s was definitely a try for me. I will need to look at Jai’s try again. Derek is a soft arse.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh Leopards boss Adrian Lam no-shows Sky Sports interview after Derek Beaumont instruction

The Leopards head coach did not appear for his Sky Sports interview, with Brian Carney explaining why.

Adrian Lam did not speak to Sky Sports after Leigh Leopards' controversial defeat to Wigan Warriors upon the request of owner Derek Beaumont, according to the broadcaster's anchor, Brian Carney.

The Leopards boss did not take part in the regular post-match interview after the club's 10-6 defeat to the Warriors, who won the League Leaders' Shield in the process. As a result of that loss, Leigh also lost fifth spot and will now travel to Hull KR in the first round of the play-offs, with the Robins leapfrogging them on points difference due to a 56-12 win over Wakefield Trinity.

But the loss was controversial after Leigh had a try disallowed in the second half. Oliver Gildart's try was ruled out after an obstruction was called on Bevan French in the build-up. It was a huge talking point after the game, with all of Sky Sports' pundits stating that they felt the try should have been given.

Of course, Leigh would have gone level if the try had been awarded, but instead the scoreline remained the same and no further points were scored after. Wigan boss Matt Peet arrived for his interview, stating he felt the try should have stood, though he added that Jai Field's chalked off try minutes earlier should have also been given.

But Lam never emerged and Carney said: "We believe he's not been allowed to talk to us by Derek Beaumont, the owner. We're thinking, I don't think this is drawing a longbow, it's something to do with that Oliver Gildart no try that has upset the Leigh owner."

Lam would still be expected to do his post-match press conference with the rest of the media, despite his Sky Sports no-show.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... m-27772435
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was no different to the Jai Field try that got chalked of seconds earlier! At least the ref went to the VR for Gildart’s no try, never even contemplated for Jai’s!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If the games not on sky I'm guessing both are no tries because that was refs live call. You could argue Jnr draws the tackle with the quality of his run and Bevan was impeded just as easily as saying Leigh's was a try and ours wasn't.
The crusher first half in every weekly round that's on TV is a penalty and a bin. Happens every year the refs call games different this time of year.
We lose King they throw shape at our right edge which is not organised and score.on next set be, bigger call for me and inconsistent with how games gone all season.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Beaumont is so full of himself. Can't stand him. He's fine when Leigh are winning, can't wait to be in front of the cameras, effing and jeffing his way through a live interview on tv, but as soon as things go against his precious team he disappears out of site faster than a rat up a drainpipe. Embarrassing.