Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:51 pm
Crossy210 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:44 pm I don’t see why we’d sign another prop.
Me neither to be honest bud. Yorkshire live have posted that he’s making a decision next week between wigan and the roosters
Just seen this reply from you Brennox7, if that’s the case I think he may stay in Oz
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

Good player when he’s fit but it’s a bit of a pointless signing for me unless the rumours of Byrne to Salford are correct, if we aren’t losing any props then we have enough as it is and it’ll be a waste of a marquee spot imo
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Crossy210 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:44 pm I don’t see why we’d sign another prop.
Me neither to be honest bud. Yorkshire live have posted that he’s making a decision next week between wigan and the roosters
If we are signing him why did we sign up mago? Surely we would have filled his quota spot with an overseas backrower? Only other thing i can think of is if a prop is leaving
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

WarriorRoss11 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:56 pm Good player when he’s fit but it’s a bit of a pointless signing for me unless the rumours of Byrne to Salford are correct, if we aren’t losing any props then we have enough as it is and it’ll be a waste of a marquee spot imo
Byrne to salford? Not heard that one pal
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:07 pm
WarriorRoss11 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:56 pm Good player when he’s fit but it’s a bit of a pointless signing for me unless the rumours of Byrne to Salford are correct, if we aren’t losing any props then we have enough as it is and it’ll be a waste of a marquee spot imo
Byrne to salford? Not heard that one pal
I’ve heard it from a couple of people in and around the club all year but i think it’s very unlikely at this stage, if Thompson does join then you’ve got to be letting someone go surely? can see Hill and Chan going out on loan definitely
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:06 pm
If we are signing him why did we sign up mago? Surely we would have filled his quota spot with an overseas backrower? Only other thing i can think of is if a prop is leaving
Again, not sure pal. We have been linked with Thompson in the past but I thought with Dupree coming in that was it! The source looked pretty legit though.

I could understand if it was for 2025 with cooper and Mago on 1 year deals but we’re stacked at prop so wouldn’t make sense really unless Byrne was moving on
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

As several posters have noted - his injury record is poor and he's not shown his best form for three seasons. A big risk but it does seem that we're having trouble signing a top class prop at the peak of his powers. The other thing that bothers me is I get the impression that he doesn't really want to come here. He's had chances in the past and always seems to favour staying in Aus. Unlike a few others on here, I'm not against signing another prop and they're rarely all fit and available. Just look at our present situation. In addition, although Cooper seems to be on track to play again next season it could all go wrong again before we see him on the pitch.
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Would be some start to a set that 😂😂😂😂
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Not too sure Liam will leave us! Don’t know where you’ve heard this?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:28 pm
Not too sure Liam will leave us! Don’t know where you’ve heard this?
Byrne is going nowhere, he is highly rated by the coaching staff and management. Mago on a 12 month loan could be a possibility.