Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As long as he isn't marquee and no one else is going anywhere I'm pretty happy. On his day a top player but we have plenty of others around if he doesn't find form or fitness. I do worry he could be another George Burgess although he has played the last 4 for Canterbury. He's played only around 35 or so games kver the last 3 seasons
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:24 am As long as he isn't marquee and no one else is going anywhere I'm pretty happy. On his day a top player but we have plenty of others around if he doesn't find form or fitness. I do worry he could be another George Burgess although he has played the last 4 for Canterbury. He's played only around 35 or so games kver the last 3 seasons
Me too 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

As I said, Wigan have been chasing him since Wane returned, he’s been the no1 target this whole time. Don't know how it effects the Farrell chase either salary cap wise, But thats been well and truly on the cards as well.

Theres been a contract offer on the table for a few months for Thompson that was never rejected.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Farrell v close to breaking Wilkinson's all time points record. Just one behind I think. Maybe a factor? Get that boxed off and I can't see anything other than cash keeping him in RU. Thompson, well, someone must be leaving for that to happen after re signing Cooper and Mago.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Moley on X announcing he is going to sign with us.

https://x.com/9_moley/status/1706151669 ... ubmDR8-lXA
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:14 am Moley on X announcing he is going to sign with us.

Moley gets a hell of a lot wrong
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

endoman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 am Farrell v close to breaking Wilkinson's all time points record. Just one behind I think. Maybe a factor? Get that boxed off and I can't see anything other than cash keeping him in RU. Thompson, well, someone must be leaving for that to happen after re signing Cooper and Mago.
This is my thinking exactly. Surely someone must be on the way out or on loan or something. Maybe one of the young lads is off on loan to get experience.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:14 am Moley on X announcing he is going to sign with us.

He’s off contract so would free up cap space anyway if he left 😂
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:53 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:24 am As long as he isn't marquee and no one else is going anywhere I'm pretty happy. On his day a top player but we have plenty of others around if he doesn't find form or fitness. I do worry he could be another George Burgess although he has played the last 4 for Canterbury. He's played only around 35 or so games kver the last 3 seasons
Me too 😊
It would be naïve to think that he wouldn't be a marquee player. The benefit is that only £100k will count against the cap.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:00 am As I said, Wigan have been chasing him since Wane returned, he’s been the no1 target this whole time. Don't know how it effects the Farrell chase either salary cap wise, But thats been well and truly on the cards as well.

Theres been a contract offer on the table for a few months for Thompson that was never rejected.
Owen Farrell wouldn't count against the salary cap in year one and only 50% in year two. Mr Danson, if he so chooses could front load a deal.