French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: French

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:41 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:15 pm Why is the accidental crusher on King that was put on report not even cited?
Amone has got a fine for one offence and a ban for another. Presumably one of them was the crusher tackle.
But Leigh are appealing it!

Leigh Leopards prop Tom Amone has been banned ahead of the play-offs, but Derek Beaumont has confirmed they will be appealing. The Dream Team inductee has received two separate charges but the Leigh owner confirmed they will be appealing both charges in the hope of freeing him for the contest against Hull KR.

Amone has been charged for a crusher tackle that was put on report as well as a tackle on Harry Smith during the club's controversial defeat to Wigan Warriors on Friday. That result, coupled with Rovers' big win over Wakefield Trinity, has resulted in the Leopards making the trip to Craven Park.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... e-27785062
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

See Micky Mac has got away with it again!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:12 pm Is that definite? Seems like a loophole that wouldn’t be allowed.
No loophole its a rule. They can use the reserves game towards ban. That's if rfl don't find a way to throw reserves out of final sure they'll try their hardest 🙄🙄
boggart

Post by boggart »

Always a mistake to give power to those who seem temperamentally unsuited for it, especially when their actions seem to have no consequences for themselves. To put it another way, Paul Cullen strikes again. We should buy him a bunch of flowers or something.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: French Ellis and Hill banned for one game

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wigan Warriors will be without Bevan French, Harvie Hill and Kaide Ellis for their upcoming Super League play-off semi-final after they received one-game bans following their win against Leigh.

Friday's 10-6 win ensured Matt Peet's side won the League Leaders' Shield.

French was charged for contact with a match official, Hill for striking while Ellis was charge for a high tackle.

Wigan will play the lowest-ranked winner from this weekend's eliminators stage of this season's play-offs.

Meanwhile, Leigh's Tom Amone was given a one-game suspension for a grade B charge of dangerous contact following their defeat by Wigan.

St Helens will also be without George Delaney after he was given a one-game ban for a grade C high tackle charge.

Leigh take on Hull KR on Friday in the first of this season's eliminators while reigning champions St Helens face Warrington on Saturday.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Really feel for Bevan and Kaide as I know how much they were looking forward to playing in the reserve grand final. Cruel.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

DaiJones wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:13 pm Really feel for Bevan and Kaide as I know how much they were looking forward to playing in the reserve grand final. Cruel.
😂😂😂
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Ellis misses a semi final whereas the Salford prop who clothslined French got nothing ,it's nothing but a professional sport ruled by amateurs.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:31 pm One thing I'm sure of if I was kade Ellis I would seriously be considering getting my lawyer involved looking into this clear personal vendetta. I think they just keep his name on weekly sheet. Or change his name to makinson by deed poll.
He’s had a couple of farcical bans but I watched that incident back and tbh, I think he’s pretty fortunate going off the bans handed out for that type of challenge this season. It was a lazy shoulder and when you freeze the coverage, it makes contact with the Leigh players head.