Reserves Final - Live streamed today on WiganTV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Reserves Final - Live streamed today on WiganTV

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:28 am
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:12 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:43 pm I'm wondering weather playing Junior may mean we see Isa or Havard return on Saturday
I would have thought we'd see Havard get a run out *if* he was going to be in contention on Saturday.
Potentially, however he came back from his dislocated elbow like nothing had happened. If he's definitely fit to play I'd say he's 100% needed. We're light in props at the moment. Only Dupree Ellis Hill and Mago. Both Hill and Mago don't really get too many minutes. I'd much prefer to have Havard available. Especially if the weather is going to be wet
Agreed.

Havard will he capable of playing similar minutes to what Hill will he given anyway. It’s not like we will bring him back, straight into the starting 13 and ask him to play 60 minutes.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Do we not learn from past mistakes?? Bringing players back from long term injuries in an important game doesn’t always work !
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:35 am Do we not learn from past mistakes?? Bringing players back from long term injuries in an important game doesn’t always work !
It’s a risk worth taking given our injuries in the forwards department and especially because the forwards battle is going to be key in a final (if we get there).

I feel like asking Havard to play 20-30 minutes instead of Hill is a lot different to Powell coming back in as Hooker.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:35 am Do we not learn from past mistakes?? Bringing players back from long term injuries in an important game doesn’t always work !
Challenge Cup QF -

He came back from injury and was head & shoulders better than everyone on the pitch.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If fit, Ethan is a must for me.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's always a tricky one but don't forget how we brought Tommy back for the Challenge Cup final and we'd have lost if he hadn't played. Or how about all the times Lockers 'came back from the dead' just to play in an important game. Our prop situation (especially with the limited mins provided by Mago) means they are more likely to risk Willie so that KPP can play at prop and/or risk Ethan than some of us may think is wise. Junior and Harvey have done well for us this season but coaches nearly always back experience in the big games until the experienced players let them down. I'm sure the coaching staff think they know exactly what Isa can offer but are uncertain about what Junior will provide on the big day.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

I’m very glad we played Tommy in the CC final last year and Havards in this years quarter final.

I trust the coaching staff.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Back on topic :D

I thought Harvey Makin was outstanding in that final, he was my player of the match and best forward on by a considerable margin.

It's a shame he suffered that acl injury a couple of years back, he, Hill and Nsemba look great prospects.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm Back on topic :D

I thought Harvey Makin was outstanding in that final, he was my player of the match and best forward on by a considerable margin.

It's a shame he suffered that acl injury a couple of years back, he, Hill and Nsemba look great prospects.
I said that at the beginning of this topic. We seem to be producing props for fun.
Flash

Post by Flash »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm Back on topic :D

He was outstanding Brian. Do you think his size might be a problem moving to the next level though? He doesn't seem to be the biggest although, as I said elsewhere, he runs it in like he is!