Reserves Final - Live streamed today on WiganTV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Reserves Final - Live streamed today on WiganTV

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Flash wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:43 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm Back on topic :D

I thought Harvey Makin was outstanding in that final, he was my player of the match and best forward on by a considerable margin.

It's a shame he suffered that acl injury a couple of years back, he, Hill and Nsemba look great prospects.
He was outstanding Brian. Do you think his size might be a problem moving to the next level though? He doesn't seem to be the biggest although, as I said elsewhere, he runs it in like he is!
The same was said about Andy Platt and he wasn’t too shabby.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:30 am

I thought Harvey Makin was outstanding in that final, he was my player of the match and best forward on by a considerable margin.

It's a shame he suffered that acl injury a couple of years back, he, Hill and Nsemba look great prospects.
He was outstanding Brian. Do you think his size might be a problem moving to the next level though? He doesn't seem to be the biggest although, as I said elsewhere, he runs it in like he is!
Billy McGinty and his pineapple was another one.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:30 am

Very true and I suppose that's what I'm hoping for with him. There's been a few "pocket rockets" over the years and, whilst I'm not suggesting he's that small, I'm hoping he fits into that category.

The problem is that size seems to be becoming more important across most positions but particularly in the forwards. There seems to be fewer 'Andy Platts' coming through over recent years. Hope he bucks the trend in that respect.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Platty started as a loose forward/ second rower and played prop when he filled out at wigan.If my memory is correct.I also remember him scoring a try at leigh from the half way line ish
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE