GF Group Tickets

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
PoppaG

GF Group Tickets

Post by PoppaG »

Hi All,

Possibly a daft question!

I help run an u11s team, most of which are Wigan fans. There's a fair few who have asked about going to the GF as a group if we get there. There's a few of us who have booked low quantity tickets before, but we've never had to look at group bookings.... I know we can book group tickets now via the RFL, but we've a good few (myself included) who would rather go in the Wigan end!

So, do anyone know how it will work? Not fussed about group price discount as I'd be going anyway, just about booking in quantity as there'll probably knocking 30 tickets overall..

Thanks in advance!
josie andrews

Re: GF Group Tickets

Post by josie andrews »

PoppaG wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:19 pm Hi All,

Possibly a daft question!

I help run an u11s team, most of which are Wigan fans. There's a fair few who have asked about going to the GF as a group if we get there. There's a few of us who have booked low quantity tickets before, but we've never had to look at group bookings.... I know we can book group tickets now via the RFL, but we've a good few (myself included) who would rather go in the Wigan end!

So, do anyone know how it will work? Not fussed about group price discount as I'd be going anyway, just about booking in quantity as there'll probably knocking 30 tickets overall..

Thanks in advance!
Just go to the ticket office when they go on sale if we are lucky enough to get there. If you are all season ticket holders, no problem. If a few are season ticket holders, you are sometimes allowed 4 tickets per person.
If none are ST holders you may have to wait for them to go on general sale.

Hope this helps 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Be cheaper to go to the semi. We need all the support we can get and I wouldn't count your chickens that we get to the GF
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

Cheers both.

I'll get season ticket details - I know me and my lad both have them, plus a few others and try to get down to the office (Not easy with work)

Blackpool - there's a good few of us going to the semi, but separately with ST in their own seats, etc. This is specifically about us all trying to get sat together at OT, in the Wigan end rather than neutral :D

Fingers crossed that this becomes a problem for me to deal with :lol:
endoman

Post by endoman »

This is exactly the type of thing the RFL / Superleague should have nailed on. It's an ideal scenario for them. Doesn't sound like it's the easy task it should be. Mail out to all amateur clubs re how to get group tickets, and keep some back for the club in the service area of the amateur club.
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

100% that.

I'm making guesses on prices based on previous experience and neutral prices from the RFL, but thats all I can do at the moment as far as I know.

I get that Wigan would ideally want regular fans in their allocated areas, but in reality what are the chances of that selling out. The kids playing amateur now are the die hard fans of the future. So get them to big events like this!

I know I can get group tickets in the neutral spaces via the RFL, but I really think Wigan are missing a trick here as we've a number who are ST holders and do multiple aways as well (Think me and the boy have done about 7 aways this season). So really want to be in our end as thats what we do the rest of the season, so dont want to not at the pinnacle of the season...

I get it would be a bit of a logistical nightmare, but there must be some way to manage it