WIGAN WARRIORS playmaker Cade Cust is in talks with three Super League clubs over a potential move.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

WIGAN WARRIORS playmaker Cade Cust is in talks with three Super League clubs over a potential move.

Post by josie andrews »

League Express understands that the halfback/hooker is in talks with Catalans Dragons, Leeds Rhinos and Hull FC about joining for 2024 and beyond.

It follows Wigan’s willingness to let Cust go with the 25-year-old playing a bit part role during the 2023 Super League season with head coach Matt Peet favouring Bevan French and Harry Smith in the halves with Brad O’Neill and Sam Powell at hooker.

Cust did have an option to extend his contract into 2024, but the Warriors will not take him up on that.

Catalans, of course, need a playmaker for next season considering the departures of Tyrone May (Hull KR) and Mitchell Pearce (retirement) with Cust a real target of Steve McNamara’s.

Meanwhile, Leeds have lost both Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin for next season and though they have signed Lachie Miller from Newcastle Knights, he will slot in at fullback.

Youngster Jack Sinfield is waiting in the wings, but the Rhinos need established playmakers to improve on a dismal year in 2023.

Hull FC are also in dire need of a new halfback following Jake Clifford’s return to the North Queensland Cowboys, with Manly Sea Eagles livewire Cooper Johns also linked with a move to East Yorkshire.

It promises to be an interesting race for Cust’s signature.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... gue-clubs/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: WIGAN WARRIORS playmaker Cade Cust is in talks with three Super League clubs over a potential move.

Post by Caboosegg »

It's a shame last year I would be annoyed to see Cust leave but he never really recovered from his last injury for us.

I'd have liked to see him and O'Neil at hooker next season instead of bringing in Leeming but not to be.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the pieman

Re: WIGAN WARRIORS playmaker Cade Cust is in talks with three Super League clubs over a potential move.

Post by the pieman »

good chance the Leeds day may already be closed too if rumours are true

Leeds offered £300k for Croft i've just seen on twitter or facebook (cant remember which) and its probably in the rumours section too
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:30 pm It's a shame last year I would be annoyed to see Cust leave but he never really recovered from his last injury for us.

I'd have liked to see him and O'Neil at hooker next season instead of bringing in Leeming but not to be.
Can't argue with any of that
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

the pieman wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:37 pm good chance the Leeds day may already be closed too if rumours are true

Leeds offered £300k for Croft i've just seen on twitter or facebook (cant remember which) and its probably in the rumours section too
Which of course that's why he got such a long deal wasn't it to bring in a decent fee but is he really worth that sort of money I'm not so sure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Salford to trouser the transfer fee and get their highest paid player off the books.
Ian Blease seems to be a smart operator under very difficult circumstances.
Maybe Cade Cust might appear on their radar as he lives in that neck of the woods.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Absolutely gutted. Player that hasn’t been given a chance this season to prove his worth
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:11 pm Salford to trouser the transfer fee and get their highest paid player off the books.
Ian Blease seems to be a smart operator under very difficult circumstances.
Maybe Cade Cust might appear on their radar as he lives in that neck of the woods.
Thought Cade Cust was living in Billinge near a farm as that was where he lived when he first came here
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:47 pm Absolutely gutted. Player that hasn’t been given a chance this season to prove his worth
I agree, I’d sooner have kept Cade than sign Leeming on a 4 year deal!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:30 pm It's a shame last year I would be annoyed to see Cust leave but he never really recovered from his last injury for us.

I’d have liked to have seen O’Neill and Forber.