Play off semi final confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Play off semi final confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:01 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:40 pm My view is, anyone who feels they can't spare 25 quid or whatever to watch a home game that would take us to OT) isn't much of a supporter. It's by definition, the biggest game of the season.
Isnt much of a supporter?
Really disrespectful post to people who haven’t got £25.00 , and I know quite a few who would love to go but can’t afford both and guess what ? They are Warrior’s fanatics. £25.00 to some may not be a lot but to others it’s a weeks budget after the bills are paid .
No they can’t afford to go to the game because of the price of a ticket but bet the majority will be in the pub watching it!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

What about the fans that live 200 miles away? Does that make me "not much of a supporter"? Petrol, 4 match tickets, hotel, food, we're talking £300+. Yes I'll go to the GF if we get there but I can't justify that amount of money 2 weeks running. However, I am just as passionate as anyone else who supports our great club. Everyone has different circumstances, those circumstances do not make someone a good or bad supporter
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kevbrown1980 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:19 am What about the fans that live 200 miles away? Does that make me "not much of a supporter"? Petrol, 4 match tickets, hotel, food, we're talking £300+. Yes I'll go to the GF if we get there but I can't justify that amount of money 2 weeks running. However, I am just as passionate as anyone else who supports our great club. Everyone has different circumstances, those circumstances do not make someone a good or bad supporter
I don’t think the discussion is aimed at people who travel great distances, but more locals.

I used to travel from Aberdeen to Central Park every home game but we played then on Saturdays & Sundays in the 90’s when the round trip was about 764 miles. Long before they had motorways passed the M8. Dual carriageways & single track roads after Glasgow 😊 those were the days when I was younger 😂
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Train prices from Edinburgh to Wigan (if they run) are mental . I/we are lucky that we are in a position to afford them but plenty especially families can't so I think it's a bit unfair to point fingers a those who can't manage the cost.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:54 am Train prices from Edinburgh to Wigan (if they run) are mental . I/we are lucky that we are in a position to afford them but plenty especially families can't so I think it's a bit unfair to point fingers a those who can't manage the cost.

EW
As I said, I don’t think the discussion was aimed at people, like yourself & your friends who travel great distances 😊