Luke Thompson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:08 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:01 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 pm

Josie, I have a suggestion. Get Welsby put on your shirt and then he may bugger off to the NRL 🤣
It didn't work with Lockers :shock:
Sod off you, he wanted to stay here cos he knew it would break my heart if he left for the NRL! 😂😂
:D :D :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:21 pm
WIGIAN wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am We signed Burgess as a world beater and hey presto injury prone. I think with Thompson it will be the opposite someone who's toughed it with injury becoming a world beater. He could be immense injury free.
Burgess was goosed when he came to Wigan, he didn’t suffer any injuries in Cherry and white. I am relaxed about Thompson. The fact that he has struggled for game time whilst in the NRL could be a benefit for us, if he has overcome his injuries, as his engine will still be in prime condition for the next four years. Secondly, he has been subject to two medicals which gives me confidence that his previous injuries are not career threatening or likely to impact his performance. I think he will be a star for us.
we’re have you read that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 pm
WIGIAN wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am We signed Burgess as a world beater and hey presto injury prone. I think with Thompson it will be the opposite someone who's toughed it with injury becoming a world beater. He could be immense injury free.
Burgess was goosed when he came to Wigan, he didn’t suffer any injuries in Cherry and white. I am relaxed about Thompson. The fact that he has struggled for game time whilst in the NRL could be a benefit for us, if he has overcome his injuries, as his engine will still be in prime condition for the next four years. Secondly, he has been subject to two medicals which gives me confidence that his previous injuries are not career threatening or likely to impact his performance. I think he will be a star for us.
Rads said on Wednesday he’d had his second medical on Wednesday & the contract was only finalised at 6 pm that same evening.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:14 pm

Rads said on Wednesday he’d had his second medical on Wednesday & the contract was only finalised at 6 pm that same evening.
I hope one included a session with a counselor investigating any concussion effects he may be experiencing. I heard he's had quite a few.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:14 pm

thanks