Well done boys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Well done boys

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Proud of the lads today. They had a job to do, and were on it from minute 1. We look like a balanced team, able to play traditional rugby league: dominate the opposition up front, post impact metres and free up the backs with more space and time. Waneball was effective at times, but I much prefer this approach.

A few things bother me about next week’s game. When we have the ball, the conditions may not be as conducive to throwing the ball around, and could Catalans cut down Field and French? In our last match up, our attack functioned superbly, but we had 2 horror shows against them before then. In defence, the key will be to shut them down when they spin it. I was concerned that HKR broke our line a few times (though our speed of scrambling meant we snuffed them out), but HKR are a very effective attacking unit. Third, we need to be as disciplined and adapt to the whatever style the ref wants us to play. The 2 semis were refereed in very different ways. We need to keep 13 men on the field.

I have huge belief in this team, and the whole set up. They deserve our 1000% support next week.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:28 pm
pieeater wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:05 pm Congratulations boys on reaching the grand final. Very well deserved. Harry had a great game but great team effort. Hard to call mom but Harry for me 🍒⚪🍒⚪🍒⚪ 👏👏👏
Ellis for me, he set the tone.
Having watched it again I agree with Harry being MoM. The first half hour Ellis was immense though and laid the platform for our backs to perform.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:49 pm Harry outstanding I just hope he has those boots available next Saturday
He was wearing new black boots today 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Agree everybody played well today, but being hyper-critical I do worry that Harvie Hill may struggle against the Catalans pack. I would take the risk and put Havard in. Willie Isa went well enough after so long out.

It was especially good to see the combination on our left side for the two Marshall tries. Smith links superbly with Wardle in the set plays. Not so cohesive on the right side, where French seems to hesitate a lot, or play too much instinctively. But deploying him as a halfback was a conscious gamble by Matty Peet, and up to now it's a winning strategy.

Harry's new black boots? Hmmm...
I like to think he wore out his old ones practicing.