Wigan V Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan V Hull KR

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm I'm finding this forum very strange tonight. Very quiet after a brilliant comprehensive win in a semi final to take us to old Trafford. Maybe if we got battered a few on here would be a little happier to come on and have their say
It’s Saturday night. People go out on a Saturday night. I myself have just returned from a 70th birthday party.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm I'm finding this forum very strange tonight. Very quiet after a brilliant comprehensive win in a semi final to take us to old Trafford. Maybe if we got battered a few on here would be a little happier to come on and have their say
Not much to say in all honesty.
The lads were awesome yesterday but it didn’t fully feel like a play off game for me.
Of course I’m happy we won and I’m over the moon we’re in the final but let’s be honest the Saints and Cats game was a proper playoff game. Good pace, intense and exciting, HKR just didn’t turn up at all.
Let’s hope it works in our favour and we are well fresh for the final and the Cats are still recovering from their battered bodies.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Just watched the channel 4 half time anyalis and Danika Priim really does dislike wigan doesn't she.

Last time I watched a match she was commenting on she was adamant wigan where not good enough to win the game.

This time, states wigan hadn't actually played well in the first half and only back tracks when Mills and Brierly and discussing how good our tries where.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:57 am Just watched the channel 4 half time anyalis and Danika Priim really does dislike wigan doesn't she.

Last time I watched a match she was commenting on she was adamant wigan where not good enough to win the game.

This time, states wigan hadn't actually played well in the first half and only back tracks when Mills and Brierly and discussing how good our tries where.
i love what women,and some men bring to pre and post match analysis JJB is superb as is Jodie Cunningham but i dont know what it is she just doesnt add much to it for me,her demour isnt great either,were we where sat Adam Hills happy to stop for photo's the other players who walked past had a wave for the crowds she stalked past as if shed opened her gas bill to find she'd left the heating on all year.

As i say most of the women who are in the tv game are very good but she leaves me cold,a bit like Brian Carney if im honest.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:57 am Just watched the channel 4 half time anyalis and Danika Priim really does dislike wigan doesn't she.

Mate, she's so anti Wigan it's untrue! I get she's a former Leeds player but you'd expect at least some attempt to feign neutrality. We were giving her the pantomime boos yesterday as she walked past at half time. Not sure if she got the message but her full time comments were a whole lot better than the half time ones! :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great performance and im still suffering with a massive hangover.Hull KR s fans need a special mention as they were fantastic along with our own obviously.We will certainly miss king next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I also thought the KR fans i interacted with were a real credit to the club.

it did seem unusual though, that Charnley seemed subdued, albeit it was the only interaction i have ever had with him
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Don't think she's the best, some pundits have real knowledge she seems to come in with a mindset then sticks to that narrative and builds her comments around it largely to excuse why she got it wrong.
You normally find in games like that you play as well as you are allowed to. When you go across that KR starting team you struggle man for man where you slot in players who you would prefer into the Wigan side man for man you could make an argument for SKD or Purcell outside that Im struggling, at this stage maybe a prop on the bench or Minachello.
We was to quick and completely controlled the ruck bar 10 minutes around 20 minutes into the game and the same second half until the game was won.
If we have come through without injury and suspension then we just need to perform to our best. You can make more arguments for Cats players getting into our starting line up
Tomkins Johnson either centre May Pearce Mcmeekin Micky so that evens things up in the final and it will be how we perform on the day.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:22 am I also thought the KR fans i interacted with were a real credit to the club.

it did seem unusual though, that Charnley seemed subdued, albeit it was the only interaction i have ever had with him
"Charnley"?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Josh