Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Re: Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Post by Graham1 »

What happened to giving season tickets first choice?. Just been down to the ground all tickets behind posts £30 and £40 sold out. And judging by the queues all Wigans allocation will be gone later today. Supporter for over 60 years and cant get a ticket.
doc

Post by doc »

Once a gain an absolute abortion thanks to the RFL.

Queued for 4 hours from 9:30, was just getting towards the front of the queue to be told by the club staff that they had only received 8k tickets from the RFL and only 300 were left which were safe standing in the corners or 85 quid so sacked it off as did many others.

To add insult to injury there was a rumour going round that Catalans had only asked for 1k tickets.

Now off to see what I can get on the RFL site.

Club will also now probably lose my custom for transport as well. This is the first time I have known this to happen in the last 15 years when we have made it to any final. The cheek of the RFL to tell clubs they are withholding central payments whilst simultaneously not being able to allocate tickets sensibly for an annual event is astounding.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Not just RFL why has season ticket holders not been given a day to buy tickets. That is down to Wigan. So much for loyalty!
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Nothing doing on RFL site. Cant believe all these tickets have been sold!
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I've just waisted my Sunday queueing come home without tickets, so went on rfl site thousands of tickets available especially in cats end ,I've got 9 together, wigan can shove their season tickets ancient and loyal my arse.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really sorry to hear that so many of our fans are being disappointed. My partner doesn't like heights so we can't just buy tickets by category and hope for the best. I couldn't face queuing all morning with my dodgy knee so we got our tickets last night at the East end on the RFL site no problem. Come on everybody join us over there and we'll paint the whole ground cherry and white.
doc

Post by doc »

RFL site now not working properly. Presumably half of Wigan is trying to buy tickets on there now. Is any other sports governing body so inept!
doc

Post by doc »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:50 pm Not just RFL why has season ticket holders not been given a day to buy tickets. That is down to Wigan. So much for loyalty!
If only 8k tickets allocated then not even enough for ST holders. I assume some of those bought fro friends as well. Should have been ticket office only today and online sales tomorrow.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The club needs to get a statement out ASAP explaining the thought process of a free for all and why they've treated STholders with such distain, I'll be picking and choosing my games from now on not buying season tickets even though I'm away at certain times during the summer, I'll be loyal to me from now on.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Why should it be ticket office only today . There are plenty Season Ticket holders that don't live anywhere near Wigan who are entitled to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked