Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Post by Mickw »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:21 pm Why should it be ticket office only today . There are plenty Season Ticket holders that don't live anywhere near Wigan who are entitled to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale .

EW
exactly I was next to a couple who'd come over from Yorkshire and left without tickets
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Good point. Today should have been shareholders, season ticket holders etc and then opened to general public. Sorry Wigan but no thought given to the loyal supporters. Peer goes on about community and the club culture. Got it seriously wrong here.
doc

Post by doc »

The guy behind me in the queue was after 50 tickets, 12 for his normal group and the rest for those who just go to big matches. If there were several more like that in front of those queuing in front of us they could have told us 4 hours sooner. They should have limited sales far better though i appreciate that it hard to get all the tickets out given there is only 5 working days between the finalist being confirmed and the final. Now hoping tickets turn up on time as last time I ordered on line they didnt.
mikey

Post by mikey »

So the website says open for business Monday 9th let’s hope a statement is given to supporters with the good news tickets will be available absolute shambles today.
doc

Post by doc »

Unfortunately the ticket office is only open when most people are at work so cant get there to buy tickets. Been a crap service from the ticket office for years in terms of their opening times.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Wigans online ticket system is not fit for purpose . For Iver a week I have been trying to renew my season ticket only to get a notice saying that my ticket is not available and maybe have been allocated to someone else or held in reserve . I got these same error notices when trying to buy my seat for the semi final.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Absolute nightmare.Went there today,after being told at the game that ticket office not open till monday.Was unable choose our block online so forced to go office.On arrival all west sold out and just 85 quid ones left in north stand( even 85 for the 7 year old grandaughter).Ended up going on eticketing.co.uk and got 3 tickets above the 85 quid ones for 40 each adults and 20 quid under 16s.What a bloody shambles
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Only thing that cheered me up was the traffic cone on whelans statue
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Absolute carnage at DW today. We queued for 4 hours, which was a throwback to Challenge Cup queues at Central Park. But in today's world IMO totally unnecessary and unacceptable. But who's fault was it. Again IMO, it was both Warriors and RFL that created a perfect storm for a calamity. Firstly the Warriors. It should not have been a general sale of tickets today. Season ticket holders should have taken priority {and I say this as a non season ticket holder), where is the reward for loyalty. More staff needed and a quicker service would have helped. Why did they need to be asking me all those questions and taking my email address when thousands were still in the queue. Also, there should have been a limit to how many tickets per person. Somebody in front of me asked for over 50 tickets. All the above comes down to necessity to sell as many tickets as possible as quick as possible with no regard to the supporters. Secondly, the RFL, apparently, have not provided the full ticket allocation, thus leaving loyal supporters (who have queued for 4 hours) with no tickets. Also, in previous years you could see which end I.e. Wigan/Hull KR were allocated on the RFL website, allowing people to purchase online early thus avoiding all these queues. In fact, even today, if you login to Super League site to buy tickets, as a neutral, you cannot see which end has which supporters. Very poor planning by both Wigan Warriors and RFL has led to unnecessary frustration and too much time standing in a queue. However, if I'd have had a burger van outside DW today, I'd have made a fortune 😁
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sounds like an absolute shambles there today I did find it odd that there wasn’t at least a days grace for season ticket holders very odd,I always buy from the RFL doesn’t really bother where I sit so I was sorted well before I knew Wigan would be there,this really is why the games should be on a Friday though to allow the extra day and not pander to the tv companies.

Still it won’t be anywhere near a sell out so getting tickets should be fine all.