Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Post by doc »

Got a ticket in Catalan end behind the sticks. Still plenty tickets there. Took me best part of an hour as the RFL ticketing site is woefully slow and kept timing out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The bloody Ticketmaster site keeps giving an error. Can get the tickets in the basket and this it give the error.

It says return to ticket home and browse again but you can't delete the tickets already in the basket. :(
doc

Post by doc »

Had that error message about 5 times before finally getting sorted. Not enough bandwidth for the server or too much traffic?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:38 pm The bloody Ticketmaster site keeps giving an error. Can get the tickets in the basket and this it give the error.

It says return to ticket home and browse again but you can't delete the tickets already in the basket. :(
Exactly same for the missus but got there eventually
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:18 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:38 pm The bloody Ticketmaster site keeps giving an error. Can get the tickets in the basket and this it give the error.

Exactly same for the missus but got there eventually
Managed it now. What a rubbish site, you'd thing it would be a bit a bit more robust than that.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Well what an "interesting" day!

Arrived at the stadium at around 9:20 and walked alongside the queue stopping to talk to a few people I knew along the way and took my place about halfway down the East Stand. Things moved along slowly but the time passed by so quickly as I got talking a lovely father and daughter from Haydock. We swapped stories of games and players past and present, mostly quite humorous.
Then about three nad a half hours into "the journey" I saw it. The holy grail aka The Ticket Office, joy :roll: :lol:
Still chatting away we noticed a bit of arm waving at the front of the queue.
"ey up summats not reet"

Then young lady from Haydock "Kathryn" (sp) went to investigate . "Only 300 tickets left, some standing, others £85"!!

I phoned my friend as I needed 9 tickets and decided to come home and get them from the RFL.

I hope Kathryn and her dad got sorted.

The RFL site was as much use as a one legged man at an ar$e kicking party.
Showing no seats anywhere, we wanted them on the side as we prefer to watch the games from there.

My daughter rand me, "Dad are you sorted" I told her the story but she didn't believe that Wigan and the RFL could be so stupid as to only allocate 8,000 tickets!!

Plan B,C and D.
Three pronged attack at the club, RFL and through my daughter someone with influence. As usual in this sort of situation plan D worked perfectly.

£85 tickets for £52, with a further discount as we got nine tickets for price of eight.
So I'm now sat here with a nice cold glass on Pino and a HUGE smile, just hope all the hassle is worth it next Saturday.

Have fun, stay safe
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've been out of town all day, and I wasn't even going to think about tickets until tomorrow, but just now, I thought, I'd better have a look. So going into the link on the club website, all I'm seeing is Coach Travel on Coach 12, Coach Travel on Coach 13, etc. No mention of actual tickets at all. And when I did click on one of the coach options, all I got was Online Sales Closed. So I guess it's down to the stadium to queue tomorrow. This really is rubbish. We (sadly) expect it from the RFL, but the club should have done a lot better.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

moto748 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:01 pm I've been out of town all day, and I wasn't even going to think about tickets until tomorrow, but just now, I thought, I'd better have a look. So going into the link on the club website, all I'm seeing is Coach Travel on Coach 12, Coach Travel on Coach 13, etc. No mention of actual tickets at all. And when I did click on one of the coach options, all I got was Online Sales Closed. So I guess it's down to the stadium to queue tomorrow. This really is rubbish. We (sadly) expect it from the RFL, but the club should have done a lot better.
We couldn't get tickets from the club today despite queuing for several hours until the 'only 300 left' information came through. Like others we didn't want to buy online due to having no idea where our allocation might be. I had to go down to the the retail park this afternoon and about 3.30 asked at the ticket office if we expected any further allocation. Answer - 'we don't know'. Question - If there is will they be available online? Answer - probably (in other words, we don't know that either)! The club website is still saying nothing about any more tickets becoming available so anyone without tickets is very much in the dark. Thankfully we did manage to get tickets from the RFL website eventually, on the side at the 'Wigan' end.

The stories of people buying large quantities of tickets seem real and already there are tickets being offered on social media. This should be a great week of anticipation for fans but it sadly looks like it could be spoiled by poor communication and ticketing arrangements. Genuinely hope that all loyal and regular fans get sorted.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

No statement yet from the club on this disgraceful shambles,where's the management still on the piss.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sounds like it was better when all the season tickets holder used to sleep outside central park waiting for them to let you shuffle through and buy challenge cup final tickets. Great memories from doing that with my grand parents. BTW you didn't really know where you were going to be when you got the paper tickets back then - just the prices and the row and seat number.

Sounds like it was a crazy decision not to limit tickets to 2 per season ticket holder for a day or two. Very surprised that didn't happen, it's standard practice.

I have no doubt the clubs ticketing will improve in the next few years. I get the impression that the football team forced our ticketing to change this year by blocking us from using their system. We should be able to invest in a much more functional efficient system with new ownership. This is all from an outsiders perspective - I'm just guessing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐