Harry Smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: Harry Smith

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 pm
Wes wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:13 pm Very good scrum half but doesn’t possess the size needed or have the speed to hack it over there.

We need to look after him and keep him a 1 club man.
Do you need size to be a scrum half? It's would be a shame if there aren't any positions left where physical size is counted for more than skill. Smith doesn't look that small to me either.

However, let's keep him here and away from Aus. Let's keep the SL style of more interesting, attacking rugby where skill and speed can shine. Leave the Aussies and Saints to their dull, attritional game where only size and consistency counts. He'll more than do for me.
5ft8
12 stone 13

Pretty small
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
bertina

Post by bertina »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:20 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 pm
Wes wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:13 pm Very good scrum half but doesn’t possess the size needed or have the speed to hack it over there.

Do you need size to be a scrum half? It's would be a shame if there aren't any positions left where physical size is counted for more than skill. Smith doesn't look that small to me either.

However, let's keep him here and away from Aus. Let's keep the SL style of more interesting, attacking rugby where skill and speed can shine. Leave the Aussies and Saints to their dull, attritional game where only size and consistency counts. He'll more than do for me.
5ft8
12 stone 13

Pretty small
Andy Gregory was only 5ft 6.
One of the best scrum halves I’ve seen.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:52 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:34 pm

I personally don’t think he’s good enough for NRL.
He doesn’t do enough taking on the line for me.
Did you even watch the game yesterday? Granted I've not watched it back from being at the game yet, but from memory he didn't only take it to the line but made several breaks or half breaks resulting in quick play the balls getting us on the front foot
That’s one game.
He’s not known for it.
Harry is more like a Matty Smith kind of half, being first pivot from the PTB and good kicking game.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:38 pm

Did you even watch the game yesterday? Granted I've not watched it back from being at the game yet, but from memory he didn't only take it to the line but made several breaks or half breaks resulting in quick play the balls getting us on the front foot
That’s one game.
He’s not known for it.
Harry is more like a Matty Smith kind of half, being first pivot from the PTB and good kicking game.
He’s a lot better than Matty Smith.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

That’s one game.
He’s not known for it.
He runs quite a lot IMO. It's not his main thing but I think the balance is right.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:51 am

That’s one game.
He’s not known for it.
He runs quite a lot IMO. It's not his main thing but I think the balance is right.
As long as he continues to take the ball to the line and commit defenders that's fine.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For me Smith is in fine form very reminiscent of his academy days long may it continue
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He is a really good player not injury prone who does everthing right when to pass when to kick and when to take the line on and does his share of tackling , also only young and still maturing we should sign him on a long term deal .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:28 pm He is a really good player not injury prone who does everthing right when to pass when to kick and when to take the line on and does his share of tackling , also only young and still maturing we should sign him on a long term deal .
Definitely 👍🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Where are the people that said he wasn’t good enough earlier this year?