Grand Final Ticket update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Grand Final Ticket update

Post by moto748 »

Just been out on my travels, and I've returned home with a coach ticket but no match ticket. :roll:

Got a coach ticket eventually OK from Mayfair. Drove from there to the DW, miniscule queue, all good. But... They only had behind the goals tickets. I don't mind behind the goals if it's an away trip to Saints or suchlike, but for a big game I want a decent seat, on the side, preferably somewhere near half-way. And the RFL site does my head in too. Pick an area, sure. But when you zoom in, the area demarcations disappear, so you're no longer sure whether the seat you're selecting is in the correct section or not.

Starting to think the twelve quid or whatever it is for a day pass to Sky Sports might seem the simpler option. :evil:
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

So they've got the new batch at the TO for sale?

Nothing online so presumed they hadnt arrived yet... Tried ringing, but phone line is closed...
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

PoppaG wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:46 pm So they've got the new batch at the TO for sale?

Nothing online so presumed they hadnt arrived yet... Tried ringing, but phone line is closed...
Apparently went on sale at 2pm, but with no phone lines open us non locals will not get a sniff of a decent ticket or the chance to select a ticket
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

Cat5 have just gone live online - W3101-W3105. Nothing more though yet. Wanted Cat4 really, but might just go for them
moto748

Post by moto748 »

New batch is behind the sticks only. Sorry, not interested.

Question #1 for the RFL:
How many, of the 30,000 (estimated) tickets 'down the sides' have been made available to Wigan?

Question #2 for the RFL:
How many further of these tickets are you intending to supply to Wigan, and when will that happen?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They will be for the hangers on & freebies!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What, all 30,000 of them?

That's what I mean. It seems, from what I make out, that the number of 'side' tickets supplied to Wigan thus far is 'next to none'.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:44 pm What, all 30,000 of them?

That's what I mean. It seems, from what I make out, that the number of 'side' tickets supplied to Wigan thus far is 'next to none'.
You know what I mean! I was being sarcastic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:44 pm What, all 30,000 of them?

We're at the end. You can buy the side tickets anytime from the standard locations. It seems the problem for you is you don't like the zoom on the RFL website?!? I just went to the site and it really couldn't be clearer where your ticket will be on that site.

Ticket panic!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
endoman

Post by endoman »

Many people will buy way before this week, I bought mine last November, on half way south stand at half price. Pretty much expect that stand to be full. Seems the upper tier at Stretford End has just been opened up for sale at Wigan. Don't know if Wigan will do etickets though as there was talk of posting out and not selling after 5pm today re this.

I think the superleague ticket site is very clear as to what seat you will get, and there are plenty left. The allocation to the club has been poorly done though.