Grand Final Ticket update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PoppaG

Re: Grand Final Ticket update

Post by PoppaG »

What a piss take this is.

Website states "Tickets purchased online or over the telephone will go off sale at 5pm on Monday 9th October to ensure postage".

So when the Cat5 ones went on sale back end of yesterday afternoon, I bought them as they were Wigan end and all that was available. Despite them not being where I wanted. (Ideally Cat4 behind the sticks, but would have taken Cat3 sideline if I had to)

Move forward to today - after online sales were supposedly being halted (Which is still stated on the website post they are updating!!) - the blocks I actually wanted have been re-released. But I'm stuck in the gods having to explain to a gutted 11 year old that the team he loves couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. All because I believed Wigan would stick to what they said. Should have known better.

I know not all of this is Wigans fault and some of the blame lies at the door of the RFL, but if they had additional tickets yesterday why were these not put up online along with the Cat5 ones? Or at least update the website post (WHICH THEY WERE DOING ANYWAY!!!) to say that online closing would be extended and additional tickets may become available??

Absolute shambles

On the upside - it looks like they listened to Josie and updated the website, not Twitter :lol:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Any news on ticket sale numbers? I can't seem to see the logic if the West and both sides are not sold out why it's not showing available tickets for sale on RfL/Ticketmaster site.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Get the impression that the availability then non availability and then available again of certain areas has been engineered to try and spread the crowd around the ground and not leave large area's of empty seats which is not a good look for TV.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

You would imagine tickets being available though in different price ranges and areas to maximize sales. I did see reported that it was close on 60k which I think would be great with four days to go.
Not sure if that's true though can't find anything on net when I search.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If you’re still wanting to buy tickets via the Warriors online website, there was less than a minute to wait in a queue
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

With the best will in the world, I would be amazed if the crowd was anything like 60k, based on previous years.

But really, I'm not that bothered about the size of the crowd, or the 'TV optics' :roll: , that's the RFL's issue, not mine. As long as we win on Saturday!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:45 am With the best will in the world, I would be amazed if the crowd was anything like 60k, based on previous years.

But really, I'm not that bothered about the size of the crowd, or the 'TV optics' :roll: , that's the RFL's issue, not mine. As long as we win on Saturday!
Exactly.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

moto748 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:33 pm Well, I've bought a ticket. But I do think it's absolute rubbish: I still don't even know where it is! Just have to be a surprise when it arrives in the post. (Why on earth aren't they emailed out? Does the RFL insist on physical tickets?)
You sure you haven't had them emailed ? Mine were as soon as I ordered mine from the Rfl
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The type of ticket delivery is quoted on your confirmation email it's up to you to choose your prefered option . If you have chosen print at home you should have received another email with the ticket PDF attached almost immediately after the confirmation one . I use the RFL for both the Grand Final and the Cup Final using print at home and post options over the years and never have had any bother with either .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:08 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:45 am With the best will in the world, I would be amazed if the crowd was anything like 60k, based on previous years.

Exactly.
Apparently over 50000 already sold so should be ok
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE