Grand Final Ticket update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cherry toffee

Re: Grand Final Ticket update

Post by cherry toffee »

I’ve been told it’s on social media that Wigan have sold over 26,000 tickets anyone heard anything
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

So, you book your ticket on-line with the club (even though you only know in the broadest terms where you are going to be sitting) and get an email confirmation back saying the ticket will be posted to you.

Except it wasn’t!

I waited and saw the Postman go past this morning and thought ‘this isn’t right’.

Now I’ve got to pick it up from the stadium.

That’s after waiting 20 minutes to get through and getting to #2 in the queue only to be told I’m #5 in the queue a couple of minutes later!

Shambles.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

PAB721 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 pm So, you book your ticket on-line with the club (even though you only know in the broadest terms where you are going to be sitting) and get an email confirmation back saying the ticket will be posted to you.

Except it wasn’t!

I waited and saw the Postman go past this morning and thought ‘this isn’t right’.

That’s after waiting 20 minutes to get through and getting to #2 in the queue only to be told I’m #5 in the queue a couple of minutes later!

Shambles.
I'm in the same boat. No sign of a ticket in the post, no email either (this is buying from the club, not the RFL).

So I guess it's down to, see if it arrives tomorrow, and if not, head down to the stadium to see if I can collect.

Of course, if I lived the other side of the country, I'd be screwed.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just checked my bank online: they've taken my money!

[edit]
Reading the club website again, it says:

Tickets purchased online or over the telephone will go off sale at 5pm on Monday 9th October to ensure postage. In-person sales at the DW Stadium (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) will go off sale on Friday 13th October at 5pm.

In which case, I'm going to head down to the stadium now.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

PAB721 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:51 pm So, you book your ticket on-line with the club (even though you only know in the broadest terms where you are going to be sitting) and get an email confirmation back saying the ticket will be posted to you.

Except it wasn’t!

Shambles.
Got my ticket yesterday, luckily it is next to the block I wanted in the first place, I was told that tickets bought on Sunday would be posted out on the Monday
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Got my ticket now. But it does seem a shambles.

1. Where's the logic in the RFL (it seems) insisting that Wigan supply physical tickets, whilst the RFL are selling digitals?

2. This insistence meant that Wigan fans only had till Monday to get tickets through the club, and hence have them posted out, before having to collect from the Stadium. If you're a Wigan fan living in Kent, or Scotland, tough luck!

3. It's made worse by the fact that only a miserly supply of tickets was offered to Wigan by the RFL prior to the Monday postal cut-off.

4. The nett result is that neutrals and late walk-ins will get a better deal than Wigan fans. This can't be right.

5. And lastly, you can choose where you sit if you buy from the RFL, but you can't choose where you sit if you buy from the club? Seems the wrong way round to me.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Do the club get any benefit from selling their own tickets. I think the revenue doesn't go to the clubs directly for finals. So its not really very important to buy from the club unless you want to be right in our blocks? Perhaps they should just do the whole thing through the RFL website in future?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Surely the advantage of buying through the club is that you're going to seated with other Wigan fans? And yet, the way it works, it's often more convenient to buy from the RFL. What justification is there for "you don't know where you're going to be sitting when you buy through the club, but you do when you buy through the RFL"?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

When I bought my ticket, I did think the "We look forward to welcoming you to the DW" message was quite amusing...