Grand Final 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PorterjohLam

Re: Grand Final 2023

Post by PorterjohLam »

So pleased, great performance, 'D' in particular excellent.

Happy for 'Jobs for The Boys' Peet, Tommy and Lockers.

Happy for 'Championship level Winger' Miski.

Happy for 'Not a 6' Bevan.

Happy for 'Not Wigan Standard' Harry.

Among others - happy for them all, of course.

But most of all, happy for 'short arms' Lenegan, who gave us our club back when we desperately needed it. Thank you for funding and saving this club we all love, Mr Lenegan, have a good retirement.

Thank you for everything you've given us, Matty Peet, you brought the club, it's culture, and everything else back after the fevered egos era with the likes of Hardaker and Hastings. Let's turn this into an era of dominance now, everything is there to do it.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

+1 porterjohnlam
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:38 pm Will post proper tomorrow but so glad wardle got mom totally deserved!

Everyone played well everyone earnt that win
I picked wardle as my mom.Great win and great atmosphere.Spoiled only by manchester shutting deansgate train station for some reason.Looked very fit our boys and did us proud.Lucky we got away with havard not being fit
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Championees championees olee olee olee . That sounds so good to sing again.
What a season get in there , we’ll done all .
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm happy for Wardle but there was numerous possibilities for MOM and I honestly though Tom Johnstone deserved it without him the scoreline would have been alot less flattering.

Made up for Smith who ran the game catalan had Field and Frech covered at all times and even then some good breaks where still made.

I know some people are not mago fans but his stint drained catalan.

KkP will be missed.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PorterjohLam wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:21 pm So pleased, great performance, 'D' in particular excellent.

Happy for 'Jobs for The Boys' Peet, Tommy and Lockers.

Happy for 'Championship level Winger' Miski.

Happy for 'Not a 6' Bevan.

Happy for 'Not Wigan Standard' Harry.

Among others - happy for them all, of course.

But most of all, happy for 'short arms' Lenegan, who gave us our club back when we desperately needed it. Thank you for funding and saving this club we all love, Mr Lenegan, have a good retirement.

Thank you for everything you've given us, Matty Peet, you brought the club, it's culture, and everything else back after the fevered egos era with the likes of Hardaker and Hastings. Let's turn this into an era of dominance now, everything is there to do it.
Championés championés! Woo. Well done everyone. I'm only sad we didn't give Sam the ball at the end so he could score. (Also we should have put 20+ on them in the second half, we had them everytime on the edges)

McNamara built a solid defensive team at Cats, but they don't have enough threat. The future of SL is a team like Wigan. Solid but with plenty of flare. Let's build the comps future around this template -sod the over structured NRLs boring style!

Wigan nezt for the WCC - and let's arrange it mid season down under so they can't winge when we put 50 on em.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Very happy sat on the train back to Chester. So is my son on his train back to Leeds.

I thought Cats through everything they had in the first half but once we went 8 ahead I could not see them scoring once never mind twice as they were knackered.

We missed a couple of chances with King holding on too long and the forward pass but it doesn't matter, we won!

Fair result as well given we created more chances than them and kept them try-less. No idea what the neutrals will make if it. Not really bothered. The GF like the cup is about winning it. Sometimes it will be a spectacle, sometimes it won't but for the fans the result is what matters.

Wardle deserved MoM. What a bit if recruitment that has been. Mago had a great game as well and was jumping about like an oversized toddler the final whistle :)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Thought Catalan poor today they reverted to type for me they're a better side than what they showed today but another rebuild is coming for them so I doubt they'll be around the GF next year but they'll be back.

Onto Wigan,sorry is was bloody daft playing Havard as good a player as he is(and he is we all know it) Hill should have taken his place for me it didn't but it could have cost Wigan dear,again down to Catalan being poor.

But God almighty this team if Peet can work his magic on Thompson and the new boys next season it's mouthwatering where this team can go.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

saint wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:46 pm Congratulations. Enjoy !
Thank you 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watching back and very obvious havard wasnt right.His first two play the balls show hes not comfortable with his left leg.Strange decision but we have won now so alls good
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE