Harry Smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Harry Smith

Post by josie andrews »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:56 pm Certainly had a few critics on here and it wasn’t just goal kicking related.
One in particular that stuck in my mind was about dropping him to the reserves.
Don’t remember that. But everyone is entitled to opinions.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Always been a great fan of Harry's. He's done well to cope with the pressure that came when his kicking was off cue and the last two games must have given him so much confidence for the future. Most players have the odd dip in form but, to be fair to him, I don't remember him producing a bad performance in an important game over the past two seasons. I don't think that it was mainly down to Harry that we lost to HKR in the Challenge Cup semi. Still only 23, the best is still to come. You'd expect his partnership with Bevan to develop further next season too.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:57 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:56 pm Certainly had a few critics on here and it wasn’t just goal kicking related.

If anyone can be bothered have a look around the June posts for example “what caused the slump” & “Saints away “

There’s also articles from Sculthorpe & Amor posted saying we aren’t good enough with posters agreeing with them .
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:00 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:57 pm

If anyone can be bothered have a look around the June posts for example “what caused the slump” & “Saints away “

There’s also articles from Sculthorpe & Amor posted saying we aren’t good enough with posters agreeing with them .
Why don't you post some links, save everyone having to arse around like
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Not hard to find have a look
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can't be bothered looking
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

That's why Scully is one of the best coaches and Amore is 100% on predictions... Ermmm?
Fans will always moan Smith can't kick, he can't beat an egg doesn't take on the line and so on My player of the year not flashy but full of determination great organizer.
Last edited by lucky 13 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Harry has been terrific all season . His goal kicking has been dismal at times and I for one though the club might rest him from these duties to relieve the pressure on him . The club persevered and it appears to be paying dividends . Good for him .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Smith is a great pressure kicker.

It's all about focus. Higher the stakes better he goes. Just needs to apply that mentality every kick.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thegimble wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:31 am Smith is a great pressure kicker.

It's all about focus. Higher the stakes better he goes. Just needs to apply that mentality every kick.
I said this to my parents at game. His kicking no doubt has been more miss that hit but bar the KR semi which I was more concerned by our defence in the high pressure games Saints and Early season wire his kicking was on point.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.