Grand Final 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Grand Final 2023

Post by the pieman »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:42 am Manchester Piccadilly was at its brilliant Grand Final Weekend best on Sunday , complete carnage once again . Several wrong train announcement lead to seriously overcrowded trains to Preston and beyond and to London (my daughter lives there) . I ended up paying £200 (money which has since been refunded) for 3 of us to avoid a dangerously overcrowded train when stewards openly let too many people board a train to Preston after the Edinburgh train was cancelled. They told people that train was now starting at Preston without giving a shoite about how these passengers were getting to Preston. Its the same every year

EW
i certainly feel for you and your family, having seen what you do each week to come and watch Wigan. My wife commutes to Manchester daily on the train, and its been a nightmare for the last 18 months. The strikes are actually the easiest part to manage as you get notice that they are happening, its the short notice cancellations / changes that are a pain the the b******s, although if you are planning in advance attending fixtures, you've probably been hit by the strikes too
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:06 pm Good to hear Sky’s choice of music at the end of the GF, it took me back in time to our halcyon days. “Simply the best”, sums our club up nicely.
I told the new guy who took over this year that he had to start playing that & more iconic Wigan songs instead of stuff like Sweet Caroline! That’s a Castleford song!! Like the song but bloody hate it at our games 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I heard there was a behind the scenes grand finsl programme in tv.Does anyone know when and what channel its on? Cant find anything on search
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:30 pm I heard there was a behind the scenes grand finsl programme in tv.Does anyone know when and what channel its on? Cant find anything on search
Yes, its on C4 this coming weekend. Not sure exactly when its on, but remember Adam Hills saying something after the semi final
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:30 pm I heard there was a behind the scenes grand finsl programme in tv.Does anyone know when and what channel its on? Cant find anything on search
according to https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/betfr ... ague-rugby

its Saturday 0830 am.
Saturday 21 October
SUPER LEAGUE GRAND FINAL UNCOVERED at 8.30am
Helen Skelton takes you exclusively behind the scenes at the Super League Grand Final, as the mighty Wigan take on Catalans Dragons at Old Trafford. Can the legendary Sam Tomkins retire in style against his former team? Or will the Warriors add more silverware to their already bulging trophy cabinet? Grand Final Uncovered has a backstage pass, following the fans, players and coaches on the game's biggest stage.
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cheers thanks for that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE