Salford Red Devils reportedly launch audacious bid to bring Jackson Hastings back to Super League club

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Salford Red Devils reportedly launch audacious bid to bring Jackson Hastings back to Super League club

Post by josie andrews »

SALFORD RED DEVILS have reportedly launched an audacious bid to bring Jackson Hastings back to Super League for 2024.

With Salford’s financial plight well documented – with Brodie Croft, Oliver Partington and Andy Ackers all heading out of the AJ Bell Stadium – the Red Devils’ fans have been wondering what their squad will look like next season.

Well, according to The Mole at the Wide World of Sports, the Red Devils have made a “daring” play to re-home Hastings back in the northern hemisphere.

“He has just bought a house in Newcastle and is happy there,” a source close to Hastings told Wide World of Sports.

“There has been no approach yet but we have been hearing whispers.

“Jackson still has a lot of friends in Salford and fond memories of the club.

“So he will wait and see how it plays out if anything comes of it.”

Hastings took Salford to the 2019 Grand Final, where they lost to St Helens, and in the process was awarded the Steve Prescott Man of Steel for doing so.

The 27-year-old halfback does, however, have two years left to run on his Newcastle Knights deal.

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-red-dev ... ague-club/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Salford Red Devils reportedly launch audacious bid to bring Jackson Hastings back to Super League club

Post by fozzieskem »

I'm sure he will rejoin Salford at some point just not yet
bertina

Re: Salford Red Devils reportedly launch audacious bid to bring Jackson Hastings back to Super League club

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:41 am I'm sure he will rejoin Salford at some point just not yet
They are welcome to him.!!!
Bad apple in the dressing room by all accounts.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings emphatically shuts down Salford Red Devils return rumours

Hastings was sensationally linked with a return to the Super League club.

Any hopes Salford Red Devils supporters had of Jackson Hastings making a return to the club have been shut down by the man himself. Hastings a hero among Salford supporters after his time at the club, has been sensationally linked with a potential return to the club by The Mole.

However, Hastings has quickly rubbished the idea of returning to the Reds, who are now on the lookout for a halfback after agreeing to sell another fan favourite, Brodie Croft, to Leeds Rhinos. Like Croft, Hastings won the Man of Steel award during his time with the club after helping them to a first-ever Grand Final appearance.

The reports inevitably resulted in plenty of excitement among the Salford faithful, but Hastings quickly dismissed the possibility of a return, with the halfback settled at NRL outfit Newcastle Knights. Posting on X, Hastings said: "The reports on my future this morning are completely false and fabricated as per regarding me. I’m extremely happy, settled & loving my footy at Newcastle and can’t wait to build on what we started this season. Don’t believe everything you read. Go the @NRLKnights."

Salford are also set to sell Andy Ackers to the Rhinos and talks have taken place between the Reds and Warrington Wolves about a potential swap deal that would see Oli Partington and Joe Bullock swap clubs, though this has yet to be finalised. Salford also sold Tyler Dupree to Wigan earlier in the season. Salford have confirmed the signing of Leeds Rhinos centre Nene Macdonald while they are also thought to have signed Ethan Ryan, Matty Foster and Kai Morgan.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-27924333
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan