Warrington Wolves chase Salford Red Devils forward Oli Partington in potential swap deal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Warrington Wolves chase Salford Red Devils forward Oli Partington in potential swap deal

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:08 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 am We should never have let him go IMO, Wigan lad through & through 🙁
Whose place in the squad would he have taken though?
Smithies, if hes gone.Step in now i say
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Re: Warrington Wolves chase Salford Red Devils forward Oli Partington in potential swap deal

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:15 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 am We should never have let him go IMO, Wigan lad through & through 🙁
I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about when we let him go.

He left because we didn’t have room for him in the squad and/or the salary cap.

Smithies was better at loose and had more potential and then at prop we had Havard and Byrne coming through.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:10 am

Smithies was better at loose and had more potential and then at prop we had Havard and Byrne coming through.
Ah ok my bad.Ide definitely get him back though as i think hes a better 13 than a prop
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:18 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:10 am

Ah ok my bad.Ide definitely get him back though as i think hes a better 13 than a prop
I'd agree too
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I think Partington could be good for us too, though we do seem to have plenty middles.

I saw him 2 or 3 times when he was in the academy and he seemed to be a pack leader, an old-fashioned ball-handling prop. (Those with more knowledge may correct me if I'm wrong.) When he came into the first team, I felt that he was used as a workhorse, a tackling machine, and unable to use his leadership or ball-handling skills.

With his increased maturity as a player,our young pack, and our 13 being allowed to join in passing movements lately, it could potentially be a good move to sign him of we have space.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is more of a question/suggestion than anything, just to provoke discussion! I'd like to hear what some of the many posters who know more than me think about this.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The club deemed him not worthy, why are fans obsessed with bringing back former players, JFTB should be ended with the leaving of Lenners, The End
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:34 pm The club deemed him not worthy, why are fans obsessed with bringing back former players, JFTB should be ended with the leaving of Lenners, The End
Agreed.

We’ve replaced Smithies with Thompson since no other props are departing.

Why the need for Partington.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Whilst the link to Warrington has cooled, Catalan Dragons are showing a healthy interest in recruiting him for next season

Put it this way, Oli P will NOT be at Salford next season
Back by demand.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:47 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:34 pm The club deemed him not worthy, why are fans obsessed with bringing back former players, JFTB should be ended with the leaving of Lenners, The End
Agreed.

We’ve replaced Smithies with Thompson since no other props are departing.

Why the need for Partington.
So whose the better option? Oli, faz or someone else? Obviously the quota is full
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I dont mind the JFTB mentality for the right players (Sam T etc.)

But I personally dont think Oli P is that kind of player, yes he is tough and would be a great spuad player but unless we are short in a particular area that he can excel in, then I wouldnt bring him back